Technical Air Filter

Currently reading:
Technical Air Filter

Brae91

Hey All

I Am A Noob At X1/9 As You Prob Found Out :D But With Help From A Haynes Manuel And You Lot I Have Leant Quite Abit....I Thank You For That (y)

Anyway back on air box.....I Have A PiperCross Air Filter......How Do I Connect The Carb Air Cooling Fan Onto It?

Does The Fan Make Any Difference?

Cheers

Attachments

• 3c6c_1.JPG
    3c6c_1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 44
You don't - simple as that; with a small aftermarket filter like that you don't really need the fan. The original large pancake used to trap rising hot air underneath creating a fairly substantial heat sink. Aftermarket filters don't suffer this problem anything like as much having a smaller surface area and made from thinner, lighter metal. That isn't to say that the cooling fan no longer has a use but it is nothing like as useful as it would be with the original housing.

If you really, really want to keep it you need to create a bracket that will support the end of the duct.

Which is the best after market filter out there, i was thinking of a K and N.Is there any other makes to look for

Hi Shaun

I Have Got A PiperCross Performance Air Filter And Mine Runs Good. I Didn't Buy It Tho So I Ent Sure How Much They Are?

Hi Brae91
Cant seem to find any others apart from the KandN which i think i will go for

Back