General Air Filter

Currently reading:
General Air Filter

Chezzy

Hi all, was just wondering wether the ITG PRO Air Filter was worth putting into my Punto MK1, or should i just put an induction kit on it, its just that i heard induction kits dont really go to well with punto's?? Write back! thanks!!

well by no means am i an expert on this sorta thing lol but i got told that induction kits are not worth the money on punto's its better to buy that ITG Filter thing! but i dunno?!! lol jus wanted to kno what other people think? (as i dont have a clue) haha

I heard a bit of a myth aswell, will drilling holes in the bottom of my airbox give me more power??

Basically, if you're replacing the entire airbox with a cone shaped filter, you want to avoid any that just sit ontop of the trottle body.

Heat rises, therefore any hot air coming from the engine below is going to be sucked in and hot air = less oxygen I believe.

More oxygen in cold air so if the filter is channeled to the front of the bay, (or somewhere that there is less hot air) then performance is a tad better.

GSR kits etc do this. You could even make your own if your up to it.

K&N cones just sit on the top of the engine which = ****ness.

I heard a bit of a myth aswell, will drilling holes in the bottom of my airbox give me more power??

Not really...it allows more air to hit the filter....but that won't necessarily give more power. Oh...and it'll sound pretty chavvy as well.

if the k&n filters that sit on top of the throttle body are no good, what about the induction kits like the 57i which has the cold air ducting leading the cone filter some where else in the engine???

The 57i sits on top of the throttle body.
A K&N panel filter replaces the standard panel filter in the standard airbox...the induction kit replacecs the whole filter system. Cold air feeds are in theory a great idea...as long as they are actually functional....which I reckon 99.9% aren't.

if the k&n filters that sit on top of the throttle body are no good, what about the induction kits like the 57i which has the cold air ducting leading the cone filter some where else in the engine???

A properly designed air filter sitting on top of the throttle body will ultimately give the engine more power than an induction kit designed for road use. But this would not come into effect before about 9000rpm.

The K&N filter material is excellent, but the filter medium is only one important part of the induction kit. The shape and size of the filter and even more so the filter mouth shape is crucial for the flow. Also it needs to be considered how the induction pipe/tube is shaped. By just throwing a kit together from bits and clamping them together you haven't got a proper induction kit.

Back