Air Conditioning

Currently reading:
Air Conditioning

J

JD

... I really wish I had it in my Brava in this weather. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get it installed? I've a feeling it would probably be a big job so it mightn'y be worthwhile.

Cool

Air Con is usually upwards of around £1,000 as an option on many cars. I've never heard of anyone fitting A/C after buying a car, so I don't know how much it would cost. It's worth it's weight in gold - what with the weather we've had the last few weeks. I just wish my tight bosses would install it in our office!

Re: Cool

That's just the point, it's not worth it's weight. I have air con and having bought my car 12 months ago have used it about 3 times for an entire journey. I mostly pop it on for about 30 secs to cool the pipes down on really hot days and then switch it off. If it's gonna cost you a grand remember it will cost more to run your car as well.

Why not just hook a fridge up to your ciggie lighter on the days you need it and then dump the excess weight when you don't?

Disposable air con? NICE!

Shabash!

Re: Re: Cool

You should turn your air-con on at least once a week, this will help it keep clean of bacteria and keep it working at 100%.
Also in the winter when your windscreen is fogged up, turn the aircon on full whack and it will demist your screen quicker than a quick thing that has just come first in a being quick competition!!

Re: Re: Re: Cool

That's madder than mad Jack McMad, winner of last years Mr Madman competition. Do use it to demist in the winter but once again not for whole journeys, just short bursts.

I think the smell would indicate bacteria so this is not a prob on mine (yet!)

Shabash!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool

i am assumeing if you don't have air con then you have a sunroof ? if not then you have an S like me and not an SX.

there is a company in hull that professionally fit sunroofs for £150 :) bargain if you ask me, and it will help get rid of thestuffy hot air in a car. i was going to get one fitted this summer but erm....ok i admit it i blew all my cash on an ice install :( but i will defenatly get it fitted soon though, maybie something to get done over winter, i doubt there would be much demand so i might get it cheaper :D

if you have a sunroof forget what i just said :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool

ok, is it just me that finds using the aircon to demist a window in the middle of winter a little odd? Surely when it's freezing cold that last thing you want to do is make your car colder?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool

The aircon has the effect of drying the air, thats why it demists quicker.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool

But it'll make the car colder! Colder i tell you! BRRRRRRRRR!

Get some nice hot air going and jsut wait a bit longer! lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool

Yeah but you only need it on for a couple of minutes.
And I hate, and I mean hate wiping misty windows (almost as much as I hate people who drive with their fogs on when it isn't foggy), they get all smeary, I'd much rather be cold and have a clear window.

no going back

was never bothered about having a car with air con until i got it. Could never go back now, never turn the air con off in this weather, brilliant just brilliant

i found that air con makes the windows demist very quickly. if you use it on cold it makes the windows mist up in winter. to clear the windows quickly, use it on hot and air from outside, not recirculating.

i woundnt pay that much for it though.

air conditioning

Whats wrong with mine then?.
You guys talk about "cold" air from your air conditioning-mine only gives out warm air.What can I do?.
I have a "T" Bravo 100 HLX,with 84K on the clock-does it need servicing or something-I'd love to be cool for whats left of our summer.HELP!!.

Re: air conditioning

Yeah I reckon you need to get it serviced!