Technical Air Condition ???? Which models ???

Currently reading:
Technical Air Condition ???? Which models ???

gserghiou

HI All,

I know that some x1/9s had aircondition.

Did some particular models have air condition, or was it an exta option and if so to wich year models.

If an x1/9 does nto have A/C, is it easy to fit one ?, and what parts would i need to have some expert A/C man do it for me ???

Thanks,

George

to the best of my knowledge the only X1/9s to have air conditioning were the american ones.

to add air conditioning you need to introduce a compressor/pump and a couple of extra radiators - one to shed the excess heat produced and one to introduce cold air into the cabin. All of this is connected with a suitable set of plumbing for the gas. then of course you need the control system (largely electronic) and belt drive system for running the compressor.

in theory any air conditioning system from a sohc engined fiat could be adapted or you could approach an air conditioning expert to add an aftermarket system.

it is not what i would describe as a trivial conversion

I have added an Air Condition System to my Fiat Bertone x1/9. For anyone needed help and info [i got lots of it] please contact me through e-mail at [email protected].
Manos Athens Greece

Back