Air Condition Pressure?

Currently reading:
Air Condition Pressure?

J

Joske

Well i've decided to regas my own air condition system on my car since i dont think its ever been done since i've had the car, however i just need to know at what pressure the air con should be at before and after the compressor kicks in. I dont want to over fill the aircon you see.

Thanks in Advance.

BannerX.jpg

The Bravo Stays!!!

ACs should be recharged by weight, not pressure. You also have to add lubricating oil to the charge gas.
This is done by extracting all the gas and then adding a fresh charge by weight. Not really a home job unless you have the kit (Probably illegal due to the nature of the gases involved - but am prepared to be corrected on that!)

With the engine running at 1500 rpm:

low pressure circuit-->1,5 to 3,0 bar
high pressure circuit-->11 to 16 bar

cooling fluid amount 650+/- 25 cc

sven3.jpg

Members Site

Can't see any problem doing it yourself TBH, just as long as you have the correct kit, and are careful.

I deal with high pressure cylinders every day, and very much know the risks... being fully trained in them too, inc holding an ADR licence.

Aircon gas (normally 143A or R502) is a mix of different gases... all inert, so non explosive, but are asphixiants, so can suffercate you very quickly if used in a confined space.

HTH.

Cheers Sven. Just the information i wanted.

@ Anon - I suggest you do some back ground reading mate.

@ Mark - Air con gas is infact R134a now, but your exactly right there are kits out there now. I've got gas, oil and sealer.

BannerX.jpg

The Bravo Stays!!!

Cheers Joske... didn't realise it had changed... shows how often I get asked for it...lol..

Hope you get it sorted.