Technical Air bag warning light on. Schematic

Currently reading:
Technical Air bag warning light on. Schematic

I was asked about a wiring diagram and ECU pinouts for the air bag system. There are no dedicated wired Engine ECU connections for the air bag system.

The schematic is from Sam Naprawiams Polish punto manual which you can find on the internet. I tried to upload it here but it said it was too big at only 30 meg. PDF of 50 should be OK.

I have english version ECU Engine pinouts uploaded to punto downloads which need moderator approval. You can then cross reference those English pinouts to Sams schematics. Sams Schematics take a while to get your head around but with a bit of google translate you can soon, for example, know all the pinout destinations and colour coding of your engine fusebox on say Plug F

M60 is air bag ECU.
The items on the M60 B connector are for side air bags
Q9 Driver bag
Q11 passenger bag
H75 side switch
C20 right hand side dashboard earth
B2 body computer fusebox
M1 body computer
OBD2 Diagnostics via pin 3

Attachments

• air bag system.jpg
    air bag system.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I was asked about a wiring diagram and ECU pinouts for the air bag system. There are no dedicated wired Engine ECU connections for the air bag system.

The schematic is from Sam Naprawiams Polish punto manual which you can find on the internet. I tried to upload it here but it said it was too big at only 30 meg. PDF of 50 should be OK.

I have english version ECU pinouts uploaded to punto downloads which need moderator approval.

M60 is air bag ECU.
The items on the M60 B connector are for side air bags
Q9 Driver bag
Q11 passenger bag
H75 side switch
C20 right hand side dashboard earth
B2 body computer fusebox
M1 body computer
OBD2 Diagnostics via pin 3

Brilliant, should help enormously with an issue I have with the air bag warning light staying on. This follows a previous immobiliser problem - since resolved with Judderbars help - which proved to be a break in the wiring.
Many thanks for posting this!

Hi! Since you posted I noticed that ELM is not supported on Multiecuscan for the air bag system? You need a K line cable with pin 3?

That from reading the MES 'supported vehicle list' ?

My basic suggestion was going to be :

With the BARE ELM327 Cable.. no coloured adaptors..
SCAN FOR DEVICES - should list all the cars modules

However.. maybe not if a KKL is in the mix

Annoyingly Ive left my MES kit elsewhere..
But can drop it off next friday if required

That from reading the MES 'supported vehicle list' ?

My basic suggestion was going to be :

With the BARE ELM327 Cable.. no coloured adaptors..
SCAN FOR DEVICES - should list all the cars modules

However.. maybe not if a KKL is in the mix

Annoyingly Ive left my MES kit elsewhere..
But can drop it off next friday if required

Yes. the web site does not have the green ELM against the air bags

I found the original version of the Polish manual is French. French include layout of the parts in the car so you know where they are and descriptions are much easier to read. :)

French manual can be found under Punto depuis 10/99 but you want the version produced in 2001 which does not include later mk2b punto because the books are made as a history of changes. mk2 punto is electrically identical? to mk2b?

Attachments

• french air bag.png
    french air bag.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 38
Back