General Aint the uno great

Currently reading:
General Aint the uno great

nay27uk

Ive got a mk1 uno eleganza 45s bloody great little motor.
Tryed changing the plugs for a good service the other day. Plugs was that tight it busted the plug spanner and i lost a pin down the hole. didnt realise untill i satrted the car and it conked out. thought of **** whats wrong, the engine wouldnt even bump start, wouldnt turn over, OH **** i thought. realised oh no that pin probaly fell into thre plug hole. so got one of them little telescopic magnets (chuffing great bit of kit) had the soding pin out of no1 plug hole in 3 mins. changed the oil and last plug, the bloody thing runs like its just come out of the showroom, Them italian cars are the best, no damage to the cylinder at all, big up uno they defo made a great car with the uno, looks sweet runs like a dream, cheep to run, chuffing great bit of engerneering, big up fiat for the uno :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :) :) :) (y) (y)

Last edited:
Its good to hear things like this as I have got an Uno parked up at work (I work for Fiat:) ) and as soon as I pass my test im bringing it home, its going to be my first car

Cant wait!:slayer: :slayer:

well as first cars go id strongly recomend one! i ust swoped mine for a punto (uno still here, cant bare to sell it) but its awesome!!

hope you both enjoy.....no, actually..... i KNOW youll both enjoy (y)

charlie

Ive had a 45 fire,a 70 sx,70 sxie,1.3 mk1 turbo,1.4 mk2turbo and have just purchased another 45 1993 5dr start ,they oouse character,and you know exactly how the car is behaving.Not like a lot of modern cars ,they all feel similar and copy each other,for me the uno is one of my all time classics..:)

The one morning on my way to work, i start my car and nothing, engine doesn't turn..nada! So i took off the head the night and checked i broke a valve, right off the valve stem.:eek:
Took it out and got one from a head i had lying around, popped it in put everything back together and she started first time, ran like that till i sold the motor.
Piston didnt even have a mark on it!

Should never rev the car till is completly loose power again! :bang:

:worship: FIAT

charlieboy said:
well as first cars go id strongly recomend one! i ust swoped mine for a punto (uno still here, cant bare to sell it) but its awesome!!

hope you both enjoy.....no, actually..... i KNOW youll both enjoy (y)

charlie
Me too.Still have an Uno 60 Breeze from 1989.Bought it new and has done 109k miles but hasn't run for 3 years.Problem with dizzy and fuel I think.Keep saying I will get it back on the road but have bought a Punto since and so has been left for a while.It is still kept in the garage and had a new clutch fitted about 3 weeks before it packed in.
Maybe one day........

Back