Technical Ah.

Currently reading:
Technical Ah.

chaos

Ah. Not good...
Just got in from Stanford, but it took a tad longer than I expected :(

I was pulling off at a roundabout when most of the power went :eek: I pulled over and had a look - injector light on and I thought I could hear an air leak............engine revved OK, so I carried on going.
However, when I started off, the ECU kicked into limp home mode and the car sounded like some sort of demented V8 hot rod :eek:. Anyway, managed to get home and there's a really weird sort of burning smell from the exhaust tailpipe - couldn't fail to miss it......anyone got any thoughts as to what the problem could be?

Cheers

sounds to me like one of your ignition coils has gone

and was only running on 2 cylinders.. hense stupid noisy underpowered engine.. odd smell from exhaust will be all the unused fuel from the non running 2 cylinders burning in the cat.

Hopefully you havent killed the cat :(

easiest thing to check is disconnect one of the coils completly.. try to start the engine.. if the good coil is still connected, the engine will start no probs but run crap.. if it dont start atall then the coil still connected is the duff one :) if it still runs crap with either coil connected then I have no idea :p

Bushboy said:
easiest thing to check is disconnect one of the coils completly.. try to start the engine.. if the good coil is still connected, the engine will start no probs but run crap.. if it dont start atall then the coil still connected is the duff one :) if it still runs crap with either coil connected then I have no idea :p

I'll give it a shot in the morning :) Cheers (y)

I've got a duff coil. Time for a new one methinks :)

Back