General ah the joys of an unlowered cinq

Currently reading:
General ah the joys of an unlowered cinq

custard

Status: DEFCON Grumpy
Joined
Nov 4, 2003
Messages
48,610
Location
Edinburgh
right so the turbo's off the road just now :( and im using my old standard cinq(now my flatmates really)
what a joy!! speedbumps?bring em on :D high kerbs? pah just swing that door open as it will clear the pavement no probs
acceleration? okay well nothings perfect ;)
 

Emm

Fiat Addict
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
3,548
Location
in,on,or lookin at a Fiat
custard boy said:
right so the turbo's off the road just now :( and im using my old standard cinq(now my flatmates really)
what a joy!! speedbumps?bring em on :D high kerbs? pah just swing that door open as it will clear the pavement no probs
acceleration? okay well nothings perfect ;)

Same here the standard Sei Sporting has opened up a whole new world for me :) I can drive to the local shop now like normal people and visit places i havnt been to for years!! AND...ive got a car with a boot!! :eek:
 

arc

this is where i stand
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
19,719
Location
Manchester
what on earth are you talking about you two? :confused:

i hear you talk of "unlowered" and "standard" cars. I know not what these words mean though :confused:
 

arc

this is where i stand
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
19,719
Location
Manchester
even less space if you stick a 12" sub in there, and then basic tools, oil, water, coat, torch and jump leads :(
 

smurfhead

New member
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
3,936
Location
Huddersfield
I'll agree with you on that. My boot is totally utilised in that way.
arc said:
even less space if you stick a 12" sub in there, and then basic tools, oil, water, coat, torch and jump leads :(
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
406
Location
South Wales
custard boy said:
right so the turbo's off the road just now :( and im using my old standard cinq(now my flatmates really)
what a joy!! speedbumps?bring em on :D high kerbs? pah just swing that door open as it will clear the pavement no probs
acceleration? okay well nothings perfect ;)

I tried to go somewhere i always take for granted on saturday - had to turn around and come home becuase of speed bumps. :rolleyes:

it's worth it though i'm sure. :slayer:
 

Alroy

New member
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
394
Location
East London
Slippy said:
I tried to go somewhere i always take for granted on saturday - had to turn around and come home becuase of speed bumps. :rolleyes:

it's worth it though i'm sure. :slayer:

haha, i did warn you mate!!

couple of days after i got the bumper fitted i held up a queue of traffic about 10 cars long because i was doing about 3mph over some speed bumps.

thing is, they couldnt see the front of the car obviously, so they thought i was some kind of super cool granny with a janspeed pipe
 

CinqyAbarth

Drives A Red Cinq Abarth
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
1,624
Location
Brighton
Brighton Shopping Centre Car park is a nightmare, Every one i go over i crunch when i go over, not good! and im only on 14s with 40mm springs!
 

arc

this is where i stand
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
19,719
Location
Manchester
i wouldn't dream of driving into a shopping centre car park. Normally just the angle of the in/out ramps is enough to scrape my car
 
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
7,624
Location
where the bloody hell is
arc said:
i wouldn't dream of driving into a shopping centre car park. Normally just the angle of the in/out ramps is enough to scrape my car

same here.... the one in basingstoke is ok, but ive got a black mark on the underside of my front apron where it scrapes and the paint has worn away :eek:
 

arc

this is where i stand
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
19,719
Location
Manchester
i'm normally ok coming onto them, its at the top where the road suddenly levels out. it grounds the car in the middle of the underbelly. had to take one at speed once to be able to get up without getting stuck.

i love my car :D
 
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
7,624
Location
where the bloody hell is
arc said:
i'm normally ok coming onto them, its at the top where the road suddenly levels out. it grounds the car in the middle of the underbelly. had to take one at speed once to be able to get up without getting stuck.

i love my car :D

awesome....

i couldnt imagine bein this low and on 13's, ive already bugger an exhaust clamp from it scraping, it rubbed the nut away and came loose, and i have a tiny groove in all 4 tyres from them catching on the arches during cornering LMAO (y)
 

hmallett

Mr Pedantic
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
5,102
Location
Wales
Helz said:
...barely enough room for a weeks food shop in there :(
It's easily enough if you have Tescos deliver it for you! Incidentally, as a certain Wrexham-based forum member works at my nearest Tesco, I wonder if I could arrange it so that he picked my order, and I accidentally ended up with more than I ordered... :rolleyes:
H
 

Horney

It's all in the name!
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
310
Location
Basingstoke
mase said:
same here.... the one in basingstoke is ok, but ive got a black mark on the underside of my front apron where it scrapes and the paint has worn away :eek:

Where do you live then Mase? I'm in basingstoke so if your local I'll keep my eyes peeled!

I'm ok as I'm on standard ride hight (for the moment!)

Nick
 
Top