Technical ah crap :(

Currently reading:
Technical ah crap :(

Possibly, I've been running pink in mine for a while now and (other than the other day's little mishap) not had any problems. I've got a couple of litres of undiluted blue you can have if you want it next time you're through? Been hanging around the house for ages unopened :)

problem is, the FIRE engine is an alloy engine where the 899 is cast iron.

I think the pink is ment for alloy engine.

Ming

http://www.bluecol.co.uk/index.cfm?page=75

ive only skimmed on the subject as a cba to read up but it seems that pink vs blue or green vs orange is just different additives to make it last longer although the bottle at helfruds said engines newer than 1996 for pink (advanced) and on blue engines older than 1996 so im not sure but from the page it just says about natural acids instead of chemical alkalis to me sounds like pog wash but ah well

i dont dilute anyway lol im a hard man me :p yeah man ill take it when u come to sheff on friday to give me a birthday beer and some guy love ;)

you dont dilute the anti freeze?

if your using just neat anti freeze then change it by sticking some water in as neat anti freeze will reduce the cooling effect on the engine

also imo your very lucky you didnt fry your head gasket, a little bit of me hoped it had gone due to you driving it with a leaking cooling system

Ash

as im unemployed i had no choice its the 1st time ive had a system boil or over heat for that matter i shall be watering it down now i read up on it lol!! i wasnt aware you had to and wishing a headgasket blow on anyone isnt nice whiz esspecialy as i have no money coming in and it will cost me my college course :(

Back