General Age of Panda owners

Currently reading:
General Age of Panda owners

pandamaniac

Established member
This got me thinking and I would be interested in the status / age of Panda owners.
It appears that some of us are OLD men who like tinkering while others are students on a budget.

How many are younger than their cars?

Feel free to fill in

Name Status Age Car Reason for ownership
Pandamaniac Married 55 1990 4x4 Likes tinkering with old things

Sutjeska/46/married/1997 4x4 1100 and 1993 1000 Bluebay/Pandas are best in town and fun off-road/ meeting with similar freaks:D

Sutjeska

Hey, who you callin' old?
last time we did this 'don't polish it, drive it!' aka 'panda fan' was the only member older than me... :eek:
at 57 then I could be in for an award :p - though some other 'old tinkerer' may yet step forward to high acclaim?
Initially for best most practical everyday workhorse that is light enough for my old girl to pull... though with Pandas, one leads to another

Last edited:
Cool idea. I have often wondered this..

Name: Matthew
Car: 1990 SEAT Marbella
Reason for Ownership: Cheap, Purely mechanical and therefore can be fixed by my good self. Plus my mum had one in the late 90s so we knew somewhat about them.

Last edited:
i haven't posted on here since buying mine so a good way to get back in!

Josh/20/single/1994 clx/wanted something with character that i can tinker with

Jeni / Co-Habitee / 33 / 1992 Clx with Van Conv. / learned to drive in a Panda 750 when I was 17, and have always owned pandas in varying numbers ever since, its just a love for small square cars I think !!:eek:

Love this thread!

Name Status Age Car Reason for ownership

MARTIN AGE 39 (NEARLY 40) / MARRIED WITH 2 BOYS / CURRENTLY PANDA CLX / I LIKE TO BE DIFFERENT! I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THAT I CAN PROBABLY HAVE A GO AT FIXING 90% OF PANDA PROBLEMS. I LOVE THE QUIRKINESS OF THE CAR AND THE LOOKS THAT PEOPLE GIVE YOU WHEN YOU ARE OUT AND ABOUT. THE CAR IS FUN AND FRUGAL(y)

Vernon, age 52.

I've loved playing with cars for 50 of those years, particularly modification.
Family responsibilities, made greater by mental illness (not me ;)) have meant that I've been largely a spectator in this. But now I'm single again with two grown up children I'm making up for lost time.
Pandas have become a favourite as they are the perfect choice for a reluctant mechanic on a low budget to modify.

Lewis / 28 / singleish / 94 CLX with 16v conversion

I've had practical cars and fast cars, mostly Italian, mostly Lancia and FIAT. Now I have a practical and fast car dripping with retro appeal and the "always fun to drive" aspect that I crave.

Paul / 56 / Married / 91 Tacchini Panda /
Owned 2 Panda before, a Bianca & 1000S.
Great fun to drive, easy to work on, good load space and when i look at a Panda i see a great looking car. Dont like big cars, Do like to be different.

John 40, partnered to kev 31
1986 Panda 1000CL
Kev's first car was a panda and a friend of mine had a early panda and I used to drive it from time to time.

This is our 6th Panda together. We bought our first one (still on the road manda 1st) to keep the miles off the mini cooper we had as services were expensive and also to save the mini from the dreaded car park dings.

Soon came to realise that the panda was far more than a shopping car and we wouldn't be without one now.

James, 25, soon to get my hands on a '94 CLX. I have owned an '87 750L, '87 1000CL, '86 1000CL (plus the dynamique) and I've loved them ever since Dad had one when I was a kid. Great fun to drive and headturners when you're doing 90 down the A13 :p I also love how simple they are to look after :)

Plug/45/married/1993 Parade.

Bought our 1st Panda (750 Fantasia) as a cheapy to get the Mrs. driving again after a 10 year break. She fell in love with it, and when it died I had to buy another one.

Have just realised we've had a Panda for 5-1/2 years now, 18 months for the 750 and 4 years this month since I bought the Parade.. :)

Cheers,

Plug

Dear all.

Results so far indicate that :-

The average age of Panda owners is 36 (which is higher than I thought it would be.)
Owners are mainly married, If not to their cars.
Attached to more than one Panda,
Totally obsessed tinkerers of obsolete technology, or love small boxes.
Tight as a Scotsman when it comes to paying repair bills.
Fanatical as I am for the preservation of the breed.

and finally Obviously have long suffering partners!

Regards Dave (Pandamaniac)

Simon
Single (in a co-dependant relationship with 3 panda's :eek: one of spanish decent)
Rescued the family 4x4 and fell for its simplicity and practicality. Nothing you can't do with a panda, and if there is something, its probably not worth doing! :p

Been rescuing and playing with pandas now for 7 years, battling against the opinions of those who care more about their image than having fun :p Allways wanted to make one go fast, which I reeeeally hope will be soon!

Back