Again with the BMW Drivers

Currently reading:
Again with the BMW Drivers

Yes but the limit here is 70mph, a lot of our roads are only good for that and no more, it's a bit different expecting a car to be speeding past at 90mph than speeding past at 160mph...that's why it is such a crazy speed here.

I said some of the roads...

For example the road Helz took me on before the NW meet, 70 around a fairly tight bend and I saw my life flash infront of me! I thought she was going to kill me, there should have been advisory "50mph" signs (there probably was and she just wanted to hear me scream as the car on my left crept closer and closer).

Tracks are for those sorts of speeds (and few cars will get to that sort of speed on few tracks anyway).

The Negotiator said:

For example the road Helz took me on before the NW meet, 70 around a fairly tight bend and I saw my life flash infront of me! I thought she was going to kill me, there should have been advisory "50mph" signs (there probably was and she just wanted to hear me scream as the car on my left crept closer and closer).

Tracks are for those sorts of speeds (and few cars will get to that sort of speed on few tracks anyway).

Nah the advisory sign should be on Helz :p

The Trooper said:
M3 CSL is limited to 155, but if I remember correctly, the dealers can remove the limiter if you hold a racing licence.

thats right. although i dont see much point unless your going to race in it. i wonder what it must be like in the buggati (sp) at 250+ :eek:

Big Black Stilo said:
Yes but obviously not in a fiat.

Unless it had one of those £5 chips in it off ebay

*AHEM* 165mph last night!!! (on a private road obviously)

Ross

My View: Mobile phones while driving? No! Whatever the speed whether its 3mph or 300mph. Same with drink driving (you shouldnt be able to drive with any alcoholic consumption). One years penality for that was in my view not enough - and £3000 probably wouldn't even be noticeable in the guys wallet.

The government is far to soft these days (murder etc.).

:rolleyes:

Sorry for the little rant,

Matt

The Negotiator said:

70 :confused: I don't think we saw that after the slip road........

my view get a 2 litre 16 valve westfield with a turbo in it costs about 6 grand less than a brand new BMW with a 2.5 litre engine in it, and the westfield would eat the BMW for breakfast.

yep but to say a BMW is a bad buy and a westfield is a better buy is a little unusual, they are different cars. Like you wanting a motorhome and me telling you to get a caravan ;)

Big Black Stilo said:
Doesnt matter at that speed you cant react- you are there by the time you do.

Hands up whos driven faster on a public road and not got caught!!!

Not driven over that speed but been a passenger..

On a track been nearer the 200 got the blood pumping :eek:

And on the back of a bike at around those speeds now that deffo gives you a twitchy bumhole :eek:

Hellcat said:
Fair enough on a phone its dangerous - but what about the policeman caught doing similar speeds? Was he dangerous? Safe speeds can't be measured in MPH.
How do the police catch him then?
On a side note, I followed an M3 CSL for a decent distance down the motorway when we went to the Nurburgring (sammi was asleep). It's the only car I've ever heard over the engine of my own car in the Coupe. And it sounds fantastic! (y)
H

Back