General Afternoons work, rear disc conversion & KW suspension on Sei 1.4 16V

Currently reading:
General Afternoons work, rear disc conversion & KW suspension on Sei 1.4 16V

A question for guys with MPI Sei's how did you route the handbrake cable going to the drivers side caliper? I've got everything connected up & working but I can't get the handbrake cable to get close to reaching on the drivers side along any route were I can secure the cable properly.

Last edited:
Mine kind of cuts the corner of the tank, and is secured to the lower arm, it fits that way.

More elegant solutions, i have heard, are to use an old cinq cable...not done this and not even sure if it mounts to the ratchet by the handbrake.

I personnaly liked RC's recent sugestion, of keeping the cable in its default position, and makeing a bracket running from the lever on the caliper....haven't physically looked how to do this either though.

Kristian

A question for guys with MPI Sei's how did you route the handbrake cable going to the drivers side caliper? I've got everything connected up & working but I can't get the handbrake cable to get close to reaching on the drivers side along any route were I can secure the cable properly.

Here's a link to a thread which goes into more detail on this subject, I posted a pic of the new style lever fitted with the old style cable & using this arrangement the cable route is perfectly safe-

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecen...r-discs-bushes-pics-qs-notes-2.html?p=1745187

You can see I then had to make up a spacer to get the adjuster to sit on the threaded bar OK, simply slips on before the adjustment nuts. (Compare it to your threaded location & it should make sense).

Last edited:
Back