Technical Aftermarket speakers?

Currently reading:
Technical Aftermarket speakers?

iceache

Anyone know what size speakers the Fiat 500 takes? The stock, non-bose speakers, suck balls... they crackle all the time, and I am not a fan of that at all.

Hi iceache, why don't you go for the interscope hifi? I've heard it the other day on a friend's 500 and it is amazing!

I don't think Interscope is available in the US is it? US models may have different speakers, but the UK model IIRC has 6.5" fronts and 5.25" twin-cone in the rear.

It's actually the way the rears are mounted that causes a real problem. The are in a plastic housing which is fastened only at one end (by rivets I believe) to the metal work.

Better to remove that plastic completely and make an mdf piece to sit in the cut out in the metal panel and cut the hole to mount the speakers in that.

Ofc, it's best if you have sound deadened the panels 1st.

Here's a photo I found in the guides section after a quick bit of searching, might be slightly different on the US model but I would guess not much different.

https://www.fiatforum.com/500-guides/163793-500-sound-insulation-rear-section.html

Hope this is of use to you.

Last edited:
Anyone know what size speakers the Fiat 500 takes? The stock, non-bose speakers, suck balls... they crackle all the time, and I am not a fan of that at all.

Agreed, the stock low end audio system is manageable, but I am not a fan. I wasn't about to dish out 1.5k for an audio upgrade though. A friend of mine is donating an amp and base speaker though, so I will probably end up doing an audio upgrade soon. Gonna try to use the least amount of sound dead material though, the car is a bit under-powered as is, no need to add weight where it is not essential.

Well I bought some Kenwood KFC-1693ps speakers, now I want to know what I can do for a Sub and Amp?

Can I buy any sub and amp and have them wired to the stock stereo?

Edit: So i've seen that I can get a deck kit that'll fit any single din stereo... Would I be able to retain Blue and Me ? Are there adapters to allow that? Steering controls? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Back