Technical After Market Immobiliser

Currently reading:
Technical After Market Immobiliser

slacky1975

My GT has been on blocks in my garage for 2 years, as I had an Immobiliser fault at the time of getting a company car. I now have a little time on my hands and want to get it back on the road. Can anyone give me advise as to how to remove a Sepri Star Immobiliser. When it went chips it almost seemed as though the in car sensor was struggling intermittently to recieve the signal. Cheched obvious things like fob battery, fuses, and loose wires. Thanks in advance.

so you have an immobiliser plus the standard fit immobiliser?
get a wiring diagram for the module if you can.
if not find the control unit and trace each wire and remove them however the immobiliser wire will bridge across a wire(you will have 2 wires from the unit) so you will need to rejoin that wire

I think I will have to remove a lot of crap including battery, just to trace the wires, I will have a look but I think a sparky might be my best bet. Thanks for your help.

if you can find out what model the alarm is I might be able to get a wiring diagram and tell you which wires are the immobiliser, thne you just have to start at the alarm module and trace the wires back to where they were connected into the cars original wiring, then just take them off and reconnect the original wires to each other.,

Back