Technical After Market Horn...panda 100hp.

Currently reading:
Technical After Market Horn...panda 100hp.

puffed out daddy

puffed out daddy
:mad: Any body else feel the same about the horn fitted to the 100 hp.it was crap to start with on the panda,but to carry it over to the 100hp.
It sounds like a pizza delivery rider on a moped.
Any body fitted a different horn,and will it screw up the warranty....

its only going up really effect your horn warranty to be honest if you were to replace it. i havn't tried it yet, but i'll give it a go tomorrow. you wanna get one that makes a panda noise.

i would prefer Fiam twin air horns,from previous experience scare the bejebers out of dopey pedestrians.......:devil:

You don't need to replace the one that's there you just need to add one that is the other tone. Not sure whether the Panda has the hi or low one fitted but if you add whichever isn't there it'll sound like it means it.

What about http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/s...s&ActinicSID=3d1449d48e3e7d26aaefaae051bc63ef

(Click to Enlarge)
Stebel Nautilus Horn
This horn is basically a mini air compressor attatched to two trumpets.
Its the loudest thing I've heard after a ship's horn (hence the name). It produces 139db which is very loud (I think its actually louder but thats what it states on the box - maybe this is to pay lip service to EEC regulations?). Its enough to make your guts tremble and will certainly get through to that kid with the loud stereo (and stop mobile conversations dead)
Very compact - measures 75mm x 130mm x 63mm
Supplied with relay, wiring diagram & attatchment
Available in black, red or chrome

If you are replacing your existing horns then these units will bolt straight on, without the relay. If you are creating a horn circuit from scratch (eg building a Kit car) then a relay is included in the kit
Price: £23.99 / $47.26

Interesting :chin:

What are you running in yours, Matt? Sure your Stilo has an uprated horn.
The one I've posted above i have on my Stilo and can not recommend it enough - for the amount you will probably spend on a standard horn, a couple of quid more gets you one of those. The grin factor alone is worth it, and fairly easy to fit on the Stilo, can't remember where the Panda horn is located though.

There's a compact version designed for bikes but is just as loud and seems to be the same price so might go for one myself.

it,s no joke...what ever suit is reasonable for the original horn being carried over to the 100 hp,should have his dangly bits cut off slowly.
on motorway anything over 50 it,s in audable.
i get at least 1 or 2 close shaves a week,where if i had a louder horn other cars at least might hear it.
spoken to my local fart dealer.i have fiamm twin trumpets,silly money on flea bay.:( they said theres sod all room under there,and i would probably have to get custom brackets made up.
also was told straight they would have to sort it or else the warranty goes out the window.... (n)

also was told straight they would have to sort it or else the warranty goes out the window.... (n)
Explain that bit further - they are saying that if YOU replace or tinker with the horn, they invalidate the whole car's warranty?

That is rubbish.... I have modded cars within warranty, and never had issues with claims, as long as there is no direct link back to the modification in question.

while getting some number plate tape i saw a stebel nautilus compact horn today in halfords as it was reduced at under £19. it's not on their website but im not going to complain. anyway i'll see if it fits tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Nice one - be interesting to see if it fits - remember to do a guide as well :)

As for number plate tape, I have now taped the back BUT the front is a right arse due to the curvature. Has anyone managed this at the front or not? I may need to look into other non-drill solutions if not, else I will drill my new plates :(

the horn does indeed sound like a pizza delivery bikes. even my kids were rolling around laughing.

Nice one - be interesting to see if it fits - remember to do a guide as well :)

As for number plate tape, I have now taped the back BUT the front is a right arse due to the curvature. Has anyone managed this at the front or not? I may need to look into other non-drill solutions if not, else I will drill my new plates :(

I decided to bite the bullet and drill the front and screw through into the existing holes. Seems sturdy enough with 2 screws, and i think i did a good job if i say so myself....not bad to say the new plates are metal for some reason :confused:

Thanks for the tipoff about Halfords for the horns.

My local branch had the car and motorcycle versions reduced to £17.24..... (but now they don't have any more!)

Back