Technical after market c/locking on punto 2001

Currently reading:
Technical after market c/locking on punto 2001

hotwad57

after fitting an after market c/locking on my wifes elx auto 5 door punto 2001 with c/key locking, the locking seems to be working but not working if you get my drift. press fob, the thing makes the clicking the indicators flash the blue strobe flashes when in lock mode, but, doesn't lock the car... un lock with fob again the thing makes the click the indicators flash the blue strobe goes out, :bang: why will it not work the effin buttons on the doors.. :confused: they all lock / unlock with key drivers side doorlock and passenger doorlock and both back doors and tail gate all lock and unlock when using key :cry: please can some one help asap :worship:

Last edited:
Flisko. What makes you think its not wired correctly ? I wired it as instructions from another post here on fiat forum. If you know how it should be wired why not give me some pointers where I may have gone wrong. The brown wires are connected to pink, the red to power source in fuse box, the yellows are connected to the black and earthed on side of ignition block, the white connected to blue and purple and the white and black wire to green and white,, I even tried swapping the whites and the same results as I posted, nothing happens to the door locks. So please if you know better I would much appreciate your input.:worship:

Last edited:
flisko this is the wiring diagram i got with the central locking kit i got off eBay.... see attachment... cannot understand if i need to attach the green wire somewhere or not. been told its not used same as pink, orange, orange/black, red/black, only wires i have connected are yellow to yellow/black to black for earth,,, the two brown to the indicators,,, the red to power,,, white to green/white in fuse box and white/black to blue/purple in fuse box for lock and unlock,,, i have even tried reversing the white wires but still nothing unlocks or locks except with the key ???

I don't understand the second picture about negative or positive triggers ??

Any one please help sensibly thanks....

In the diagram 10 in the fiat punto pdf shows wiring diag for central locking,, if its any help ??
thanks again..

Attachments

• alarm wiring.jpg
    alarm wiring.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 43
  • 4066 Fiat Punto 99 -.pdf.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
punto is negative trigger, you need to connect 3 wires to earth, 1 wire for lock, 1 wire for unlock, 1 wire for indicators to flash

it doesnt say exactly which wires are negative ones, from pic its seen they should be black, yellow and probably orange&black
central locking white wire is your lock wire
central locking yellow&black wire is your unlock wire
brown wire is indicator wire and you only need to wire one

if you can hear a click from central locking when pressing button but doors are not locking-unlocking that means negative cables and positive cable are wired correctly just the unlock and lock cables are wrong

Hi flisko, thanks will try that way round, but in another post on here : fitting right click remote kit published by richie1990 he states things that I have already done (the same way as him). So I don't know if he is right. The kit he shows is the same as mine except the fobs are different, so maybe its a different kit, I don't know .
it is in the. Guides>Punto(Mk2/2b)Guides section.
starting to get confused: :confused: but will check wiring the way you stated and will post back ... Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey hotwad57.

By the sounds of it your punto didn't have central locking, am I correct?

I read another guide on here that states you aren't able to put the 3rd party motors on the non-central locking punto mechs? How have you achieved this? I was looking at the guide for taking the central locking off a punto that has it then putting it into a punto that doesn't.
https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-mk2-2b-guides/155744-remote-central-locking-alarm-non-c-l-mk2.html

Any tips/pictures would be great!
Thanks

YST.. It has central key locking which locks the full car with the key. but not remote locking that is what I'm trying to fit but if you want to make a non central locking car have central locking you just buy the kit which attaches to the locking bars on the actuators in the doors which will be connected to each other via the supplied wiring kit and remote fobs so non central locking to remote central locking for around £25 plus a day of your time hope this helps.

YST.. It has central key locking which locks the full car with the key. but not remote locking that is what I'm trying to fit but if you want to make a non central locking car have central locking you just buy the kit which attaches to the locking bars on the actuators in the doors which will be connected to each other via the supplied wiring kit and remote fobs so non central locking to remote central locking for around £25 plus a day of your time hope this helps.

Ahh okay, from your post I wasn't sure.

Yes I have been looking at the kit with the actuators but seen that you cannot fit them to a punto apparently. I am going to add remote locking regardless of aftermarket actuators or swapping to a punto central locking setup so shall just buy the kit and test i think.

Cheers!

punto is negative trigger, you need to connect 3 wires to earth, 1 wire for lock, 1 wire for unlock, 1 wire for indicators to flash

it doesnt say exactly which wires are negative ones, from pic its seen they should be black, yellow and probably orange&black
central locking white wire is your lock wire
central locking yellow&black wire is your unlock wire
brown wire is indicator wire and you only need to wire one

if you can hear a click from central locking when pressing button but doors are not locking-unlocking that means negative cables and positive cable are wired correctly just the unlock and lock cables are wrong

:cry: tried all the colours quoted every different way and it still doesnt play ball...... is there any other colours it could be with out going through the full loom to find the right ones .... is there any auto electricians on this site ?? thanks for your assistance flisko.(y)

i connect the lock / unlock wires to the colour as stated in previous conversation in the loom near the plug on fuse box dont know what number they go to though just unplug multi plug connect wire into loom of stated colour plug back in fusebox still nothing happens just a click in central locking box and indicators flash thats it ....

Hi I feel your pain but have to say that I did this exercise last year to my daughter's mk2 punto 8v and it was quite easy. I bought the cheapest remote central locking kit for Fiat (off ebay) I could find and wired it according to directions given on this site. There are now quite a number of alternatives. I used a circuit tester (which lights up when circuit is live) to check which terminal in the fuse box was live when the central locking pulse locked/unlocked the door switches using the key in driver's door (this does not include the hatchback) and I found that one of the terminals was different to what was referred to in the guide for the locking wire. So, at this point I had the wiring loom disconnected at the fuzebox (think it was the purple connector) and I was tracing the wires connected to the lock/unlock wires. I found one set of wires was as expected, say (just for example, blue with a yellow trace for unlock) the other, lock wires were not as expected, but by trial and error (with the loom connector reconnected) I was able to track down the wire with the signal when the door locks opened/closed, so I noted their colour code and went with that. Quite honestly the hardest part was finding enough room (behind the radio) to place the RF responder module and ariel wire where it would pick up a strong signal. I was really worried about doing this originally in case I upset the immobiliser and got stuck with a problem only Fiat could sort out, so was ultra careful to check and recheck every connection. You might do well to call on a friend who is good at car electronics to go through things with you.

Last edited:
i connect the lock / unlock wires to the colour as stated in previous conversation in the loom near the plug on fuse box dont know what number they go to though just unplug multi plug connect wire into loom of stated colour plug back in fusebox still nothing happens just a click in central locking box and indicators flash thats it ....

that connector that you unplug from fuse box is marked with numbers, look for 24 and 34 and wire to that

Back