Currently reading:
Aesthetic mods you love

JoleePando

Hi everyone,

Recent Panda owner here, and despite having "better" cars, it's the first time in my life I've been excited about owning a car. For the past month, I've been making lists of the mechanical (boring) parts I need to buy, but also making a list of the aesthetic (dumb fun) parts I want to buy.

From little things like getting fitted car mats, to the more stupid like changing the look of the badge on the front and rear bumper.

What are some things you've added to your car that make it your car?

I bought an Uno recently and it already had “Uno” decals running down the bottom halves of the doors. I love that little touch - rather period.

The car started off in good shape but needed some work. I’ve bought the obligatory car mats and was amazed to find a company that made a set to order for not a lot of money. Another company I’ve found will make a bespoke boot mat for similar money (was never a fan how the boot floor was lumpy on these). I have been slowly reinstating the internal door locks as the central locking only worked on one door and I can’t find the controller (been chasing the wires and it’s buried back and up in the dash), plus a few other cosmetic fixes. And I’ve fitted a retro looking modern stereo.

The car’s getting there. It’s rather faded inside in places due to the sun. Hopefully it’s going to end up perfect.

My other classic is an old Rover SD1. Whenever I fix or improve something on that car, something else goes! It’s a never ending stop-start project. And then it rusts like a trooper! :D

I bought an Uno recently and it already had “Uno” decals running down the bottom halves of the doors. I love that little touch - rather period.

The car started off in good shape but needed some work. I’ve bought the obligatory car mats and was amazed to find a company that made a set to order for not a lot of money. Another company I’ve found will make a bespoke boot mat for similar money (was never a fan how the boot floor was lumpy on these). I have been slowly reinstating the internal door locks as the central locking only worked on one door and I can’t find the controller (been chasing the wires and it’s buried back and up in the dash), plus a few other cosmetic fixes. And I’ve fitted a retro looking modern stereo.

The car’s getting there. It’s rather faded inside in places due to the sun. Hopefully it’s going to end up perfect.

My other classic is an old Rover SD1. Whenever I fix or improve something on that car, something else goes! It’s a never ending stop-start project. And then it rusts like a trooper! :D
My next purchase it the so-called obligatory car mats. Where was it you bought yours from?

My Panda is slowly taking shape. The CD player was installed, though I've since taken it out and broke the cage in the process, so I'm having to do that again. I'm also changing the badges on the front and back to make the whole thing unique.

A Google search took me to Amazon where a company called Unique Car Mats made them. Be careful as a lot of bespoke mats on Amazon appeared to be for left hand drive cars.

That reminds me, I reinstated the wing badges and brightened up all the rear ones with a silver pen.

Back