Aerobics

Currently reading:
Aerobics

black seicento

Tinkerbell
Does anyone do aerobics?

I did it for the first time yesterday and im in pain from it and i only did the beginners class... my calfs are killing :( ! Just wondering if this is normal!

black seicento said:
Does anyone do aerobics?

I did it for the first time yesterday and im in pain from it and i only did the beginners class... my calfs are killing :( ! Just wondering if this is normal!

i used to work in a leisure centre, so yes it will hurt I am afraid(n)

what kind of class was it????, was it just beginners areobics or was it body conditioning depending on the class will depend on what muscles u use.

but just think next time it will be better n better n then u will be fitter n feeling fabulous.(y)

Yes its normal. Even the hottest, fittest, sexiest people are just heart attacks wating to happen.

I myself played some football with only a three week gap and I play 2 hours on a 5 a-side pitch once a week felt the burn and thought I was going to die.

But I do notice that driving has a lot to do with it. When I used to walk 30mins to work (just over half mile) and then played football I could go on forever and never felt tired.

That 5 minute drive makes all the difference.

I would take my own advice but its cold out and cause I have to dress so warm by the time I get to work I'm all stickey so its better for me to drive :D

black seicento said:
Does anyone do aerobics?

its called DOMS, delayed onset muscle sorness :D

and yes it is perfectly normal..... however u can combat it by cooling down better after the class, stretch more (y)

mase said:

and yes it is perfectly normal..... however u can combat it by cooling down better after the class, stretch more (y)

yep that's very true!!!!!!!!!!!!

did u do the class at a lesiure centre or was it a dvd??

I did at the gym im a member of (Greens) i also did "easy style step" on the same day so im starting to think its that that has caused my aching calves!

mase said:
neither...... its from my ND in sports science, along with an NVQ 2 in teaching exercise and fitness and the CYQ level 3 personal training qualifications i have :D

ok smarty pants!!!:D

I was actaully asking black sciecento if it was an exercise video or a class???

very impressive qualifications by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)

paulbfd said:
More importantly, stick at it and try and go more than once a week.

You'll be amazed how quickly the body adapts to exercise.

I go to the gym 3 times a week but decided to do a few classes to make it more exciting!

black seicento said:
I did at the gym im a member of (Greens) i also did "easy style step" on the same day so im starting to think its that that has caused my aching calves!

u gotta watch out when doin more than 1 class on the same day, run the risk of overtraining..... especially if u do exercises on your own inbetween the classes as well, dont wanna injur yourself when your starting out, (y)

black seicento said:

yes that's probably why!!!!!!

how bout swopping a gym session for an areobics class instead??

never try n push urself 2 hard, one step excuse the pun!!!! at a time!!!!
(y)

black seicento said:

Come and train legs with me at 7am Monday morning, then they'll ache ;)

When I'm getting in shape, I do weights in the morning and cardio in the evening, usually spaced 12 hours apart.

charmed103 said:
yes that's probably why!!!!!!

how bout swopping a gym session for an areobics class instead??

never try n push urself 2 hard, one step excuse the pun!!!! at a time!!!!
(y)

:yeahthat:

it depends wat your goals are, how long the classes are, wat your current programme looks like, wat days u go to the gym as well..... and aerobics class is good for all round cardio, where as a step class is usual tailored towards lower body, leg toning stuff!!!

mase said:

mines called LAZY, Really really lazy honest

and yes this to is perfectly normal..... however u can combat it by leaving the car a home and walking to the pub instead, strech your arm muscles
also saving yourself from a hefty fine and a ban BONUS (y)

mase said:
:yeahthat:

it depends wat your goals are, how long the classes are, wat your current programme looks like, wat days u go to the gym as well..... and aerobics class is good for all round cardio, where as a step class is usual tailored towards lower body, leg toning stuff!!!

ok then mr!!!

can i use some of your expertise??????

I am out of hospital again :( had my appendix out dec 24, but the wound won't stay shut, so have been told to rest n avoid strenuous exercise for three months.

But I am used to exercising three times a week at least and have piled on ten pounds for me this is not good as i can't exercise, now the doctor says i can do gentle exercise, but in moderation and i need to start exercising again, now long term the plan is loose some more weight and get toned, so wot wud u recommend???(y)

charmed103 said:
ok then mr!!!

can i use some of your expertise??????

I am out of hospital again :( had my appendix out dec 24, but the wound won't stay shut, so have been told to rest n avoid strenuous exercise for three months.

But I am used to exercising three times a week at least and have piled on ten pounds for me this is not good as i can't exercise, now the doctor says i can do gentle exercise, but in moderation and i need to start exercising again, now long term the plan is loose some more weight and get toned, so wot wud u recommend???(y)

ouch, glad your gettin better tho (y)

hmmmm tricky..... u dont wanna do anythin that will cause that wound to open again, so def no lower body weight training for now dont wanna strain it, and as for cv, mmmmm, u should be ok with walkin on a treadmil, go pretty slow, but raise the incline, will make it harder, burning more calories, and maybe the cross trainer, but again u want to take it easy....
the thing is, u dont really wanna be sitting down if that is goin to put pressure on the wound, so upper body stuff would be best kept to light dumbell work.... bi-cep curls, tri-cep extensions for your arms, could prob get away with chest press and flys.

but at the end of the day, no one is goin to know your body like you, take it slow at first, and build up slowly week by week, sharp shooting pains means stop straight away (y)

any help?

mase said:
ouch, glad your gettin better tho (y)

hmmmm tricky..... u dont wanna do anythin that will cause that wound to open again, so def no lower body weight training for now dont wanna strain it, and as for cv, mmmmm, u should be ok with walkin on a treadmil, go pretty slow, but raise the incline, will make it harder, burning more calories, and maybe the cross trainer, but again u want to take it easy....
the thing is, u dont really wanna be sitting down if that is goin to put pressure on the wound, so upper body stuff would be best kept to light dumbell work.... bi-cep curls, tri-cep extensions for your arms, could prob get away with chest press and flys.

but at the end of the day, no one is goin to know your body like you, take it slow at first, and build up slowly week by week, sharp shooting pains means stop straight away (y)

any help?

yeah ouch:(

ta(y) that will be really help, I am going stir crazy doing nothing, i don't like to be doing nothing.

I like to be active:rolleyes: oh yeah 4got I am single, guess i will just have to stick to being active at the gym.:eek:

charmed103 said:
yeah ouch:(

ta(y) that will be really help, I am going stir crazy doing nothing, i don't like to be doing nothing.

I like to be active:rolleyes: oh yeah 4got I am single, guess i will just have to stick to being active at the gym.:eek:

can u go swimming?
because that mite be good exercise?