Advice, Suggestions (Amp or new speakers)

Currently reading:
Advice, Suggestions (Amp or new speakers)

My set up atm:

Alpine CDA-7876 rb (love this headunit although I still havent worked out all the settings to tune it properly despite looking at the manual :(. And for some reason it does like my mp3 cd's or data disks, any ideas? )

Front I have:

JL C2 650x coaxials

Back I have:

JL Audio TR525 coaxials

sub and amp is:

JL Audio 12” sub 12W0-4
JL Audio E1200 Amp

I keep slowly upgrading my sound system....my next stage was either amp the speakers or upgrade the front speakers to something like Rainbow SLX265 speakers but atm I only have enough for one option. Any recommendations on which on to go for? Or speakers to go for if I go down that option?

Btw the headunit has an awesome internal amp (well awesome by my standards, it sounds good and is 60w x 4, so I would guess about 28-30 rms)

Sorry for the long winded explaination lol, Thanks

Btw I have the full ipod connection for the headunit, but if someone knows about the cd situation it would be appreciated

The hu will still only be 20w RMS at a maximum.

You will notice the best improvement with an amplifier. Ill ask my neighbour if he wants to sell his JLe250 so you can carry on a good trend you seem to be going down.

:D thanks would be appreciated, hopefully he says yes lol. Was going to say it's a nice headunit (surprised about the low rms but hey) and got it as I needed more preouts and it had ipod and remote control etc.

Always wanted to start off my car audio love affair with half decent stuff, even
though i'm always on a budget grrr :(

If you want a decent sounding upgrade but only have money for one at a time I'd go for a Headunit first.

Then the next best upgrade would be deadening, even if its just your doors and boot. Makes a vast difference even to just standard systems.

After that would be an amp with a DECENT wiring kit, followed by some front components.

Then hook a 10" or 12" sub depending on your requirements.

I personally wouldn't bother uprating your rear speakers, you want the sound to be set to come from the front anyway (that's where you sit, that's where you want the sound)

That's the order I'd do it anyways.

*tldr?*

OP, next mod should be deadening (y)

Last edited:
Back