Advice Please!!!

Currently reading:
Advice Please!!!

J

james

I am thinking of buying a fiat bravo 1.8 HLX, i just love the style and look of the car and it seems to have lots of goodies.

My question i live in east anglia and have seen the one i like at a local garage.

Its a dark metallic blue (almost black) 1998 R reg with 45 thousand miles on the clock, it has full service history and all the usual elctrics, it also has a sun roof, its in fab condition.

Its priced at £5995, is this a reasonable price for this car? and whats the resale value going to be after 2 years or so (very much?)

Im also concerned about the fuel consumption is it really that bad,? I would be using the car for round town driving.

Thanks

New HLX

This message is probably no use to you and some people wil probably disagree. I've recently purchased a new HLX (Y reg) when i was really looking for a recent used vehicle. The fact is that in my case i managed to get a good deal from the dealership, i paid more than i initially anticipated but it seemed to good an oppurtunity to miss. I've never had a Fiat and i'm over the moon with my Bravo, it's an excellent car. So, why not have a chat with a dealer and see what they can do for you,you might be pleasantly surprised. Good Luck either way.

Bravo HLX - don't buy until you've read this!!

I've just bought a 98R 1.8HLX with 15000 (yes, 15k)miles on the clock from a Fiat dealer for £6000 (no P/X)

It's the best car deal I've ever had - I got all the standard stuff + a CD Changer and a 12 month warranty thrown in - I Love it to bits - 'specially as I had a K reg Rover 214 before!!!

Look around - Fiat dealers have a lot of 2nd hand stuff to sell - mine came from a guy who upgraded to a 156 - lucky sod!!

Thanks guys - but i have made my mind up.

Went to the garage today. And got kind of a deal.

I ended up getting £250 off which makes it £5750

There were a few minor points like a spotlight crack, crack in bumper and condensation in the back light, all which will be fixed.

The car will have 12 months mot, a full service, valeted and a six month parts and labour waranty.

I love the shape and it was the metalic colour i was after so i went for it, i know it has highish miles for its 2 and a half year age, but i'll soon make that back as i am only a town driver.

East anglia always seems more expensive than other regions, but i didnt want to travel - im happy anyway.

Thanks again.