Technical Advice Please

Currently reading:
Technical Advice Please

Nadia122

Advice please.

Hi I'm new ; I posted a new thread just over 2 days ago and I'm surprised I've not had even one reply. Have I done something wrong?

Ive got rid of the 2nd question as I have the answer

There are 4 dials in a semi circle. 2 to the left and 2 to the right on the dashboard area, above the gearstick. At night the left 2 dials are illuminated but the right ones are not. Why is that? Do they just not illuminate or is there a fault on my 500. I would be grateful for your answers.

Thank you.

They should all be illuminated when you turn your lights on.

Advice please.

Hi I'm new ; I posted a new thread just over 2 days ago and I'm surprised I've not had even one reply. Have I done something wrong?

There are 4 dials in a semi circle. 2 to the left and 2 to the right on the dashboard area, above the gearstick. At night the left 2 dials are illuminated but the right ones are not. Why is that? Do they just not illuminate or is there a fault on my 500. I would be grateful for your answers.

Thank you.

You say you posted 2 days ago....but the post count for your account is one and this is that post....are you sure you posted here? I can't see any post.

Sorry we didn't respond in our usual prompt fashion! That sounds terribly sarcastic, but is not meant to be in any way shape or form.

It seems your first post didn't appear - did you press the preview button only, I wonder, instead of the submit button?

However, now you're here, welcome. And I'm pleased to tell you that your problem is an easy one. Pull off the 4 dials. Ease off the lozenge shaped panel. You should then see a couple of smallish pea sized bulbs. One of yours has failed. Halfords (etc) will happily sell you a new one - and maybe even fit it?

Let us all know how you get on!

Last edited:
Advice please.

Thank you.
happened to me twice in 4 years. will cost you no more than 5 GBP to replace. You can pull the console out yourself easily (dont worry about breaking it), but pulling the lightbulb out is quite a pain especially with short nails like me so you are best off using tweezers. Replace the light and voila you have light again!

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:.

Not sure what happened to your original first post (I can't see any record of it in your history), but anyway it's good to have you here.

I Thank each and everyone of you for replying so promptly. The Fiat 500 is the first car I've ever owned , even though I passed my Driving Test over 3 years ago.
I love it; it's a 1.2 sport in a metallic grey colour.

I'll have a go at sorting out the problem and let you all know how I get on.

Regards.

Nadia122

I often read a thread but due to my lack of mechanical experience or whatnot have nothing to contribute so I don't post anything. I imagine many others are in the same situation :)

Not forgetting, JR, all those desperate peeps who post on here, we help, then we never hear from them again. Not even a thank you. Nada.

So a big cheer for Nadia - good girl!

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting back everyone.
I bought a couple of the bulbs. When I bought the bulbs for £5, I was quoted by a Fiat main dealer that they would charge £95 an hour plus vat to replace the bulbs. My father's good friend said he would gladly do it if we could find out exactly how it's done. I thought it best to buy a Fiat 500 works manual.

Sorry , I did note snes's and ahmett' sreply but my dad's friend wanted a bit more info as he doesn't wish to make a mistake.

Thanks again.

Nadia

Hello Nadia, and thanks for keeping us posted.

I'm not sure a Fiat 500 manual would be too useful for a general user, but it's not too expensive, and if a digital edition is available, you at least get some nice colour pictures to look at.

However, for the job in hand, if you look to the top of this forum's menu bar, there should be an icon with Guides written underneath. Click the icon, then scroll down to a guide by Turtle entitled, I think, Heater Panel bulb renewal.

If I had more than half a brain, I'd know how to paste a link to it here.

But I don't.........

Let us know if it helps - I've used this myself. Well done, Turtle!

Sorry , I did note snes's and ahmett' sreply but my dad's friend wanted a bit more info as he doesn't wish to make a mistake.

Thanks again.

Nadia
its not possible to make a mistake = ) you just pull out the center ac console area firmly. its only one piece so cant really break!

Thank you varesecrazy,snes and ahmett. Most kind.
Armed with all the information that you've provided, perhaps even I could have a go.
Ha Ha!
I'll keep you posted.
Nadia122

Back