Advice Please

Currently reading:
Advice Please

Hey all,

Okay I am planning on getting some stuff colour coded on my car within the next couple of weeks and I need people's advice. I plan to get the wing mirrors colour coded (thats not debatable) and also the rear rubbing strip.

These are the things I am not sure about and need advice with:

1. Grill part of front bumper.
2. Door Handles.
3. Front Splitter (haven't bought this yet and I need advice whether to buy it or not).

The Grill part can be seen hi-lighted in the below pic:

IMG_0921.JPG

I got Serin to photoshop the front grill colour coded and the result can be seen below:

frontpunt.jpg

Doesn't look too good to me, the grill part looks really shoddy, it's okay in black cos you can't see it very well as it all seems to blend in with the blackness of the engine bay.

But heres a pic of a car with the middle bit sprayed and it looks good:

frontsplitter.jpg

Is this because the pic is taken from the side or does the autotest splitter make a difference (see link below):

http://www.auto-option.fr/php/template.php?page=./news/news_display.php&news=505&lang=1

I was thinking about cutting the grill part of the black bit out and fitting the splitter, will this look good or should I just give up and put up with having a front ugly car? :(

The door handles I am not sure about as I don't want the car to look like a blue blob.

Thanks for any advice you can give me,

Dave

P.S. Please don't move this into the Punto section as I won't receive as many replies and I need a wide variety of opinions not just from Punto owners.

Can't find that splitter. You do a lot of modding mate, do you know of a GOOD front splitter for the Mk2? I really hate the standard front bumper and I can't afford to EVER replace it so a splitter is the next best thing.

Yeah I really like the rear diffuser, seen it on another site £20 cheaper though. Why does something always dump on my plans. Thought I had it all sewn up and would just get the front bumper sprayed but now I am really not sure :cry:

Door handles definately, side mouldings definately, rear bump strip definately, front bump strips definately but leave the grille. Also looking at it it would give me a right headache trying to mask it up! :D (y)

luke1985 said:
end of the day dave, its your car. Do to it what YOU like :)
Personally not a fan of colourcoding everything in sight, but some do like it...

Agreed, IMO though I think unpainted mouldings & bump strips make the car look unfinished, just my opinion. (y)

Back