Advice/ Opinions needed...

Currently reading:
Advice/ Opinions needed...

If I'm to be a bit Simon Cowell about it:

Intro - guitar seems out of time and tune with the backing.

The layered sound seems a bit like they don't belong together - kinda comes over like a bootleg/mash.

Levels are a bit odd - backing overrides most in the first two minutes.

Build up at 1:40 is more my thing but when it first comes in seems that same layered disjointedness.

However 2:30 onwards really quite enjoy it, love the subtle orchestral bits and the licks. I think it fares better for losing the vocals - though when she comes back in for the reprise it's sounds like everyone's now playing from the same songsheet and is top notch.

So, not trying to be harsh, just the first perhaps two minutes don't do it for me. It gets better and then just as I'm starting to enjoy it, finishes :(

However, it's bloody impressive if this is something you're involved in. Take my hat off to anyone who can make/ produce music. Nice one!!!

That's my band... Splintered Visions

It's really difficult catering for 6 musicians with the writing of all the parts, you have to leave space. The middle 8/ guitar solo sounds much better when played live of course, as the tempo is up and there is better flow. The recording of the middle 8 was done about a month after the rest as we had to re-write it. That's just a guide track anyway.

Thanks for the comments, i wouldn't post it if I didn't want negative aswell (otherwise how can we improve it?)

I was hoping you wouldn't take it as all negative - it's really good stuff. Singer has a got kind of a Kate Bushy thing going on which would be brill if I was into that sort of thing.
I guess it's hard to get balance and levels bob on without the equipment and resources of a 'made' band - but that's the only comparison I have I'm afraid :(

Will have a look at your site.

As the ol saying goes

They can sing

Aint got any tallent

cant play

but theyle go far :yuck:

Last edited:
moogs said:
I was hoping you wouldn't take it as all negative - it's really good stuff. Singer has a got kind of a Kate Bushy thing going on which would be brill if I was into that sort of thing.
I guess it's hard to get balance and levels bob on without the equipment and resources of a 'made' band - but that's the only comparison I have I'm afraid :(

Will have a look at your site.

I didn't take it all as negative. How can I take

moogs said:
However 2:30 onwards really quite enjoy it, love the subtle orchestral bits and the licks. I think it fares better for losing the vocals - though when she comes back in for the reprise it's sounds like everyone's now playing from the same songsheet and is top notch.

as negative?

It's great feedback, which is what we need...

It's really pretty impressive mate.

I'd say the lead singer is a bit of a Siouxsie Sioux toya wilcox mix, she has a spooky sounding voice, also compares to Gwen Stefano, and the song has good prospects if it's kinda tidied up a bit if you know what I mean.

Very good indeed :cool:

Yeah I should count myself lucky anyway, I have a great family and a perfect job, just always wanted to be in a band and I walked away from a great oportunity when I was 15 because I was more interested in going to West Ham games :rolleyes:

KoArAnG said:
Yeah I should count myself lucky anyway, I have a great family and a perfect job, just always wanted to be in a band and I walked away from a great oportunity when I was 15 because I was more interested in going to West Ham games :rolleyes:

well there u are mark i hate footie its part of whats wrong with this world over payed bunch of tarts (n)

Back