General Advice on spare key

Currently reading:
General Advice on spare key

Dgibbo

Hi. New to the forum and this question has probably been asked a bunch of times, so apologies. I just bought my daughter a 2008 Fiat 500 as her first car, but only came with one original key. Whats the best advice on getting a spare key as the costs seem rather high for an original one, given the price I paid for the car. Thanks for any suggestions.

Do you have the remote key?
Then a standard non remote one yes as above, the car only came with one remote and one standard
Thanks. I do have the remote key (just in a banged up state). Wasn't sure if it's just a standard key to be cut or whether it needed some chip if there's an immobiliser on the car

Thanks. I do have the remote key (just in a banged up state). Wasn't sure if it's just a standard key to be cut or whether it needed some chip if there's an immobiliser on the car
There is a chip in the standard key for the immobiliser so this needs coding to the car hence the higher price.
You can buy a new shell for the remote and new rubber buttons and if you really want a new logo, makes the remote look brand new only use genuine shells

You have a few different options

Mechanical open door very easy very cheap

Transponder clone open door and start car easy. And cheap

Remote open door difficult and expensive. Third party. Or very expensive have Fiat make one for you.

Put a new case on a worn out remote. Cheap and easy

Its possible to buy a 500 used remote key.. and have it

Rechipped and coded
Rebladed with your squiggly profile

Will still cost over £100 though..

But nicer if you are keeping the car :cool:

We got a replacement non-remote key from Timpsons. At £95 it probably wasn't the cheapest, but it was convenient and works. You can get various parts to spruce up the remote key from ebay.

Back