General Advice on riding out the wait

Currently reading:
General Advice on riding out the wait

TelescopeNerd

Looking at the other posts on this forum it seems like quite a few people here have been through what I'm going through now.

I ordered my 1.3 multijet on 28th May and the dealer says 8-10 weeks delivery, not saying I don't trust the guy ;) but what with the scrappage scheme + summer holidays I'm guessing 3 months minimum is probably more accurate.

I need some advice, it's only been 2 weeks now and I'm going crazy! I need my new car Nooooow! How can I get through this? Coping strategies please!

Looking at the other posts on this forum it seems like quite a few people here have been through what I'm going through now.

I ordered my 1.3 multijet on 28th May and the dealer says 8-10 weeks delivery, not saying I don't trust the guy ;) but what with the scrappage scheme + summer holidays I'm guessing 3 months minimum is probably more accurate.

I need some advice, it's only been 2 weeks now and I'm going crazy! I need my new car Nooooow! How can I get through this? Coping strategies please!

Decorate the house! (y)

Ordered my Panda Active eco on 2 May on scrappage scheme told 8 weeks, got phone call yesterday telling me another 3-4 weeks.

I'm in the same boat mate, im pulling my hair out waiting.

Hope it isnt 3 months wait for you, but the lady said yesterday thats loads have been ordered.

Have exact the same problem. Ordered in May promised delivery early June. Now not sure even if this year.Waiting on a 100HP..
Changed down/sideway from a Skoda Fabia Vrs.. Say what you will about Skodas, but the delivery system was streets ahead of Fiat..
Ordered the Skoda in last week of Oct 06 was told car would be built 1st week Nov and delivery to dealer 3 weeks later... Right on took delivery
exact on date.. Must be German influence rather than Italian input.

But its always been same with Fiat interesting cars some almost brilliant
but Fiat themselves and the dealers in Uk have always let them down.
Nothing has changed over the 50 years or so I have been buying cars and motorbikes..

Still am hoping the 100HP proves to be worth the wait.
Am still considering getting a Renault Twingo RS133.
If this waiting goes on much later at least have that option, lol
Jake.

Have exact the same problem. Ordered in May promised delivery early June. Now not sure even if this year.Waiting on a 100HP..
Still am hoping the 100HP proves to be worth the wait.
Am still considering getting a Renault Twingo RS133.
If this waiting goes on much later at least have that option, lol
Jake.

Why not test drive a Twingo RS? I honestly think it will be a better car, but obviously it is more expensive so you'd kind of expect that really.

I got my MJ was supposed to be a pre-reg in a week, but I was first owner.

Had to wait 3 weeks for my 100hp, again was supposed to be pre-reg, but again i'm the first owner. Seems a quicker way of doing it to me. I also got the exact spec I wanted with teh 100hp with teh subwoofer as one was sitting somewhere else in the country. I guess i've just been fortunate in that respect.

Have driven the Twingo Rs133 for quite a few miles, its ok, but the
Panda is slightly narrower which appeals to me at this time... Had an early Multijet Panda with Tunit adjustable tuning box. That left an impression and surprised quite a few other motorist at that time and that memory has come back to me. There is a definite fun factor with the Panda thats lacking in lots of cars out there now.. I must admit to be very lucky in being able to afford just about any car upto about £30.000 at the moment but am living on borrowed time so not wanting to leave you lot too soon am only buying cars with character, fun factors and fairly low top speeds. The most important being driving something that you know you can contain and leaving a grin on your face, which really counts for a lot... Believe me its great excitement driving cars well into three figures and for long drives, say on the German autobhans but when things go wrong, and they do at times you dont have a lot of room to escape..

Back