Advice on input level/crossover/phase selector on a Vibe CBR12

Currently reading:
Advice on input level/crossover/phase selector on a Vibe CBR12

peterp

Hi all
Can someone please advise me on typical settings for this sub as I'm not too familiar with them,or what they do.
My instal setup is front components with this sub and built in amp in the boot.
Would it be advisable to just turn everything down to its minimum and adjust them up from there?
Also i prefer the bass to be quite heavy due to type of tunes I enjoy,so would I be better off with letting the sub handle all the bass or increased/sharing bass from the head unit..?
Given the setup I've got what settings would you suggest I try to get the sound I'm trying to achieve..?

Thanks for any advice,

Pete

Yea you're probably best off setting the headunit to the normal (middle) settings and the subs to the minimum. then set the volume to the normal most frequent listening volume, then slowly increase the subs settings (gain 1st, then the bass boosts etc). You may want to twiddle with the LPF (low pass filter) too to stop the higher freqencies from getting through to your sub.

Cheers Luke as usual for the help.
With regard to the LPF on the sub,theres nothing obvious indicating it.is it the 'crossover' switch on this particular sub?

Thanks
Pete

the vibe has a crossover knob, gain knob and a phase selector.

the crossover knob will alter the frequency range sent to the sub. the lower the hz setting, the lower the range is. Like if you set it to 80hz, it will only send frequencies of 80hz and lower to the sub. This way you can just have nice bass coming from the sub, and leave the mid range to something else.

Although i have that sub, telling you my gain and crossover settings on it wont help as i have an EQ in my dash so i can adjust them from there to suit the music ive got on (or if i have a headache!).

Shouldnt need to play with the phase i dont think.

U really need 2 get it scoped 2 set the gains properly but u can play it by ear. Basically, turn off any EQs etc... Turn the HU volume up 2 bout 75% volume, then raise the gain on the subamp til it distorts. Thats the max u can raise it c. Then if u want, turn it back down. RE: lpf, bout 80hz is bout right but experiment til u get a good transisition of bass from back 2 front. Dependh comps and the car, u may want 2 go up 2 bout 100hz, I had 2 with my Cinq a7 I ran 10cm comp7 up front.

Back