Advice on fitting lowering springs

Currently reading:
Advice on fitting lowering springs

R

ROBIN

Hi all, has any one got any a advice I may need on fitting my lowering springs I know the rears are easy but are the front? I have lowere my mondeo st24 a couple of years ago so I am not worried about doing it but wanted to know if there were any tricky bits?

Cheers
Robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Try beg/borrow/steal a compressor and air ratchet, makes taking the top nut off loads easier ;) and make sure you have the spring clamped down real good, cause i nearly killed someone with mine when i did it haha!

Sig.jpg

I have a compressor but no ratchet, when you talk about the top nut do you mean the main one that holds the spring clamped in?

I have spring compressors too but I will be wrapping wire round them too for double safety.

The rears are easy I remember taking the rears off if rat2.

Cheers
robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Check out the repair guide, Sven has done a guide for the fronts and I think bravopro(?) has done one for the rear.

Stephend

Yer robin, the nuts that hold the actual spring on, pretty sure you can do em without though, just makes em a lot easier!
Good luck fella, remeber to update your project log!

Sig.jpg

one bit of advice...check the camber. get a camber alignment tool to make sure u line them up properly.

another word of advice...get a proper night sleep before hand...it might kill u if u dont lol

boosig.jpg

I haven't got a cambe alingment tool, but I jut need to get them in as my wife keeps stunning here toe on the box and is getting the hump lol, the shoucks will be coming off again for a clean and paint up, when I do that I will get the camber set right

cheers

robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Rears are done which were a bit if a knightmare invthe end, wouldn't of been I I had just done what I said u was gonna do in the first place nut I got caught up invthe momemt lol, but the back is very low, gonna do the front in Friday or Monday just need to et me a 18mm spanner then it will be easy.

Cheers

robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg