Advice on finding a decent Panda

Currently reading:
Advice on finding a decent Panda

PacoJones

Hi everyone,

Very short time lurker (approx 15mins) but am looking at buying a Panda for my son to learn to drive and had a couple of questions, if anyone could help?

Is it a decent car for learning to drive?

I'm test driving a Panda tomorrow, 57 plate but low mileage and good MOT history, are there any typical issues I should watch out for or check when viewing/driving the car?

We're a tall family, three of us are over 6'2 and my missus is 5'10. I'm not expecting it to be spacious but am hopeful we could all squeeze in for short trips up to an hour or so if needed. Is that realistic?

Is it easy to pull out the stock radio and drop in something that a phone can connect to? Or is there another way to achieve this?

Any other thoughts would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Hi

My son..and his cousin ..learnt in the 1.1

Its a good solid car ..has 4 seats

But the clutch isnt the easiest for a learner..

We found insuring 2 x 17 year olds.. was cheaper than just 1.. weird

I dont use phones.. but the unit itself is easily swapped..and has ISO connectors

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

Much appreciated, I don't remember any clutch being easy when I was first a learner :)

Any typical mechanical issues that come to mind? I found a good post on the Panda section listing a number of typical items but many are ones I won't be able to check during a quick test drive.

Paco

So, I bought it.

2007, 1.2 Dynamic, 1 owner from new, FSH, 11 months MOT, cambelt done in 2017, only 18,700 miles on the clock (confirmed by the MOT history). £2K.

Now I understand the clutch comment better, the bite point is quite high, is it easy to adjust? I guess it's probably the original clutch.

Being delivered this evening with a bit of luck. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
So, I bought it.

2007, 1.2 Dynamic, 1 owner from new, FSH, 11 months MOT, cambelt done in 2017, only 18,700 miles on the clock (confirmed by the MOT history). £2K.

Now I understand the clutch comment better, the bite point is quite high, is it easy to adjust? I guess it's probably the original clutch.

Being delivered this evening with a bit of luck. Looking forward to it!

You selected the pick of the bunch in my opinion. But then I am biased.

Back