advice - lowering and wheels

Currently reading:
advice - lowering and wheels

Lovechops

Hi,

I was given a 1995 cinquecento SX 0.9i, and since driving it round i've found that it doesnt handle too well on the corners (its not a sports model).

What I'd like to do is lower it and add some wider wheels to help it become more stable. As I'm new to the fiat world, I was hopping I'd be able to get some advice on what i'd need (full suspension kit or just springs) and what size wheels will be able to fit on the car with out too much hassle.

Also I haven't got too much to spend, so cheap options would be good.

Any links, previous experiance with doing this kind of thing would be more than welcome too. thanks

L.[?]

lowering it 30mm is fine if you just want to change the springs. if you use a full kit then 40mm is good. as for wheels.. 14x6 alloys are good. you need them with a 4x98PCD (distance between the bolts) and an offset of 35 i think. not sure on that. Fox do fiat alloys, so do allesio and a few others.

I Have A Cinq Sporting...

...Click Here To Look At It

I was thinking of getting the non-sporting spring set -40mm at £59.99 from http://www.tuning.co.uk/fiatshop/ is that a good price? I was also thinking of fitting them at the same time.

Will I need to do any other modifications to fit 14x6.5 on?

Thanks

Crayon is selling a a kit in the parts for sale bit, eh since you'll be running on steelies then go for Cinq Sporting alloys, not many people can sell them so many sets going cheap and almost likely with decent tyres too.

Width of tyres can be deceptive to handling so a car will good suspension on standard wheels will out handle another on standard suspension but say equipped with 205 wide tyres (yes I know you can't get 205 wide (without super trouble)on a Cinq but just for examples sake!)

Liam

**** happens!

isnt the s/sx standard around 20mm higher than a sporting. Is there any reason you cant fit sporting springs and drop it like that?

Width wise, my sporting is dropped 40mm and has 185's all round. The rear arches catch if you throw it into corners with people in the back.

hth

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

Back