Technical Advice/Help :- Cinquecento 899cc SX Engine Problems........

Currently reading:
Technical Advice/Help :- Cinquecento 899cc SX Engine Problems........

BeArDy

Advice/Help :- Cinquecento 899cc SX Engine Problems........(Updated)

I have a Cinquecento 899cc SX and have a problem with the engine.
in the past the injector light would come on (car would shoulder) but then after about 60sec it would sort itself out.
Well today after driving on the motorway, and i start to loose power and the car suts out. After about 5 mins of sat on the side of the road the car and trying every now any again to start her waiting for RAC she started but wouldent rev right (up and down on tick over) but once rev'ed it would seam to be fine. also the injector light is on all the time now.

Any Advice welcome or if anyone can point me in the right direction.

i am reading coil pack? where are the 2 and how do you test them.
also resetting the ECU?

cheers

(y)

*****Update read my post below*****

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like a coil pack problem. Could be a accelerator pot fault or a fault with the tdc sensor. Where abouts are you as I have a few spare ecus that I know to be good.

Rich

right i have just been out this morning to the car after unplugging the + from the bat to reset the ECU.
put the + back on and went to start it, wouldent for the first few trys.
now she starts and runs fine no injector light on nothing....

anyone know what the problem could of been as i dont really want this to happen again?

cheers for all the advice

:slayer:

You'll find out soon enough when you go to use it, possibly. The code is currently 'not present' hence it will run fine. If the code appears again the car will go back onto safe mode and light on. Could still be TPS or lambda, or any other sensor.

Cheers

D

rallycinq said:
You'll find out soon enough when you go to use it, possibly. The code is currently 'not present' hence it will run fine. If the code appears again the car will go back onto safe mode and light on. Could still be TPS or lambda, or any other sensor.

Cheers

D

ye your right :lol:
just been into town and she went tits up again.
this time she would start after a few turns but wouldent run right
but after maybe 100yards injector light would go out.

easyest way to explain is feels like theres a fuel blockage, will run fine for a while but then feels like you hit a brick wall and she bogs.
but then after rev'in she will go back to normal and run fine....

Back