Adrian flux..?!

Currently reading:
Adrian flux..?!

Just got off the to adrian flux..! Shocked!

They said they can't insure on me on a 1.1 cinq. which I'd use less than 1500miles a year..?!

I'm 21, 3 years no claims, 3 points from 2.5 years ago for 40 in a 30, live in the lowest insurance zone.

Drive a 1.4 citroen C2 as my other car which costs £430 (with mods..!)

How odd. :confused: Shall phone sky insurance next and see what they bring me! (y)

I would imagine the mileage is too low, Adrian flux is a broker their computers tap into the companies they use computer systems so if they put 1500miles and the companies they broker for don't accept that lower mileage it might just come back rejected.

To have that low a mileage provision is usually the reserve of classic car insurance.

ive always stayed away from flux as i oftan hear of people changing car after 18months and then getting stung sevaral hundred for the privalage. there just like any other insurace company when it comes to young drivers... compleat and utter scumbags. almost as bad as the bankers.

well they rip off young drivers to the point where we have to get older cars which dont have things like crumple zones etc. i have a friend who was given an 09 corsa for his 18th, went looking for insurance and they asked for 5000 pound for a 1.2 which has passed every EU safty test know to man.

at the other end of the scale is myself who could only get insurance under 1500 pound on my 94 panda. now i dont mind the car. i love it, and its fantastic to drive but why dose it cost more to insure the safer car???

as young drivers theres a 1 in 5 chance we will have a crash in our first year. with odds like that i would happly take a nice safe corsa over the panda as im not the only one in the car. i give lifts to friends and family who are the ones i think about when i hear about crashes in the local area.

if the chances are 1 in 5 it seems silly to put the more at risk drivers in the less safe car but we are forced too as 5000 pound is way too steep for anyone. let alone a 19 year old who is going off to uni next year (thankyou nick clegg, cough cough).

The corsa isn't a group one car, your mk2 Panda is. Perhaps they should have looked at insurance before getting the car, then realised that something like a mk3 Active Panda which is also a group one car on insurance would have been not to dissimilar to the cost of insuring your mk2.

Ultimately young people moan far to much about insurance IMO, they seem to forget about the £20million worth or liability cover they're provided with.

the arguement i would put up against that would be the situation overseas. how is it in califonia that an 18 year old who just passed his test, can insure himself on an 1995/6 alfa romeo 164 with a 3.0L v6 engine, and 250+hp, for a mere $500 (about £320) a year????

in the uk he wouldnt even get a quote when there is little or no diffrence in the risk of having a crash. the only differnce i can think of in the uk which may effect the quote would be our wonderful british weather and the higher likly hood of having to drive in the wet.

its all maths, how many 1994 fiat pandas where in accidents last year at the hands of 18 year old drivers ?

now how many 09 Corsas where in accidents driven by 18 year old drivers over the same period? i can assure you many more corsas ended up in the scrap yard after accidents than the pandas.

if you crack so much as a head light lens on your 1994 panda the car will most likely be written off, where as the same on the corsa and your going to put in a claim for a new headlight unit at probably £250+ for genuine parts. plus fitting = more than your panda is worth.

whats the power difference between your panda and an 09 corsa? which accelerates faster has a higher top speed?

as for safety, there is a quote (i forget who from) that states something like, "Everyone would drive a lot more safely if every vehicle was required to have a 6" spike protruding from the centre of the steering wheel pointed at the chest of the driver."

so you're more like to drive safely in a car which is more likely to kill you if you have an accident than someone in a car which has past every safety test known to man as even in a huge accident they are still more likely to be less hurt than you.

as for making comparisons to the US its a completely floored argument, each state has different rules on what required in terms of insurance, some don't need insurance at all however the insurance industry is different also where as hear you're insured against causing damage to your car any 3rd party and property as well as personal injury for yourself any occupants and any other 3rd party.

in the states you might only be insured against damage to your car. then be personally liable to pay for anything else out of your own pocket, and if you fail to pay face prison.

before you rant and rave about ripping off young drivers and £5k premiums, think of all the accidents young drivers cause, which as a result, has seen insurance costs rise significantly in the last 15 years. when I started driving my first policy was £750 TPFT now I pay something like £500 though I would be paying a lot less if people didn't keep driving into me! (2 non fault accidents in the last two years) oh and guess what both young drivers!

Just got off the to adrian flux..! Shocked!

They said they can't insure on me on a 1.1 cinq. which I'd use less than 1500miles a year..?!

I'm 21, 3 years no claims, 3 points from 2.5 years ago for 40 in a 30, live in the lowest insurance zone.

Drive a 1.4 citroen C2 as my other car which costs £430 (with mods..!)

How odd. :confused: Shall phone sky insurance next and see what they bring me! (y)

Hi,
I'm surprised that we couldn't help. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be more than happy to take another look at it for you.
Regards,
Dan.

Back