Adjustable rear camber kits

Currently reading:
Adjustable rear camber kits

yeah, I think I have played with that, interestingly enough, it was Acorn compatible, if its what Im thinking about. I liked the sorting hand, and the auto greenhouse that opened if it got too hot, closed when the temp reached a certain point, all by itself. In the mid 1990's

Surely bending the arm just leaves you with the same issue that the toe in will change with suspension travel.
that is the nature of the suspension setup, you cant help that. most setups will change toe and camber with travel. french style torsion bars are really bad for camber change. an axle beam is an example that doesn't change toe or camber with travel, but you pay for that with a loss of independance.

Last edited:
Anyway we've wandered off topic.

Would I be right in thinking that the fuel tank is unlikey to still be sitting between the subframe on cars which are to have this modification made?

if you bend arms then no other changes are needed. any method that only adjusts toe or camber or castor slightly should not need any other changes at all.

tbh i have no idea about whale oil, but it would be a good name for a sex lube.
i doubt there are enough whales on earth to satisfy 1 year of industral quenching, so i doubt it is a common thing to use these days.

am sure that what we used to use for blueing, but only heated metal to a straw yellow and was told never to put red hot stuff in because it would burst into flames, they never learned not to tell us stuff like that :bang:

I was thinking more replace trailing arms with wishbones... obviously you'd need the fuel tank out of the way for that.

Thats the next project after this! Fully rose jointed, adjustable everything. Fuel cell needed though.

Think i'll need a spare bravo for that.

oh yes. I've gotta get one made up for a mates car, might have one done for me for the next stage :D

steve if I can I'll photo the underneath of my mates 156 challenge car, as it has rose jointed wish bones, and mc struts, it could be recreate in the tipo - with some work.

rich

rob it says you're a guest :confused:

Attachments

• hellcat.JPG
    hellcat.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 38
Jug: Fair comment, integrale's are AWESOME cars, and I'd love one. A mate of mine had one and I wanted that.
Trouble is, I like making my own stuff, which I can stand by and be proud of, so buying an integrale (apart from the price) is a bit of a 'cheat' way if you know what I mean?? Like I say, would have one in my garage now if I had the cash though.

Also, wanted to say a quick thanks to all of you for making this a very interesting thread so far. You've thrown up some ideas and information which will be very useful, and I'm pleased to see there is some interest in it. :D (lets keep it going)

Last edited:
Sorry, i know this is an old thread.

Has anyone thought of using an Alfa GTV rear suspension set up (916 model) this bolts directly onto an alfa 145 and as this is a tipo chassis i'd expect the same on a tipo, i'd 100% say it'll fit as i suplied an alfa 145 rear subframe and arms to gassy for his coupe engined tipo and that fitted no problem.

The GTV suspension set up is multi link and camber changes would be no problem, the only snag is mounting a tank, the GTV has a tank inside the boot.

You cant get an uprated anti roll bar for this set up otherwise i'd have been doing it myself, you can get a polybush kit for it though.

If you cant change to this set up because of race regulations but can modify camber settings i was shown a mini part that could be made to work on a tipo subframe.

It was a washer type of thing you welded onto the frame with a serated edge to alter the camber.

You would have to elongate the outer trailing arm hole to allow adjustment to fit.

I can't seem to find the kit now but it does look like they have a better solution to this as a kit and it could work (not that kit now but the same thing made for a tipo) if you could fabricate it.

Sorry i cant post a link to the kit, but if you find the minispares website and look for adjustable camber you'll find the part.

Back