Technical Adding DVD/Navigation System

Currently reading:
Technical Adding DVD/Navigation System

jonwood19901

Hi,

I was considering adding a DVD/Navigation system (picture below) to my 2015 Fiat 500 Turbo. I found this one on eBay that looks nice, but I am wondering if anyone has added one similar to this model and what if any were the pros and cons?

It appears that it will reduce my two center air vents size, and may inhibit the option to control the air direction as well as the and on/off option of the vents. These are the type of questions I am hoping to get answers to before deciding to order or not. The manufacturer cannot answer my questions. I know there are many aftermarket brands available, but it is important to me to have it look like the stock issued radio.

Any information of advice you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• DVD-Navigation System.jpg
    DVD-Navigation System.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 123
Yes, you'll loose some function of the vents.

The software on these Chinese units leaves a lot to be desired in a lot of cases. It can range from freezing, slow to respond, crashes, poor maps/ no updates etc.

If you get a unit with only a few buttons, and mostly just screen from one of the big names it really won't look out of place and will function much better. You'll still loose the directional vents though.

Last edited:
Yes, you'll loose some function of the vents.

The software on these Chinese units leaves a lot to be desired in a lot of cases. It can range from freezing, slow to respond, crashes, poor maps/ no updates etc.

If you get a unit with only a few buttons, and mostly just screen from one of the big names it really won't look out of place and will function much better. You'll still loose the directional vents though.

You don't lose the directional vents as the standard vents are behind the ones on the unit and you can flip the screen down and move them.

I did have one of these units and it was Ok but your best bet is buy a good unit and a connects 2 double din fitting kit

Back