Technical Adapter fascia

Currently reading:
Technical Adapter fascia

daztap

Bought an adapter fascia off ebay then got the guy at halfords to fit my dvd player with it and the fascia dosnt fit right it pops out of it clip at the bottem. is there anyway i can remove the adapter without taking the whole dvd thing out? and then fit a new fascia adapter tht actually fits right?

indeed you can surely it shud jus pull straight out then you can jus pop another one in and if that fails just pop of the dvd security thing and it should work.

a bit of insulating tape on the 2 bottom clips will stop the adapter popping out at the bottom.

why go to halfords when its so easy to do yourself :confused:
i've seen some very bad fitting from halfords.

i didnt have a clue how to fit it and it was free fitting at halfords so i though it would be wise to let someone who knows what they're doing fit it wouldnt you agree?
can i get to the clips without taking the adapter out?

i though it would be wise to let someone who knows what they're doing fit it wouldnt you agree?

halfords? know what their doing?

my mate used to work there when he was 17 and he recieved no training and couldnt even drive at the time so new practically NOTHING about fitting audio equipment in cars. LOL

why did you buy your DVD player in halfords? i guarantee you can get it cheaper online. so go wild, save money and fit it urself. you'll also gain experience and will be able to fit a stereo in any future car.

anyway...you can take the adapter off and the stereo together as one piece or take the stereo out then the cage and then the adapter. to remove the adapter you need two very thin butter knives to prise down both sides of the adapter. very easy. 30 second job

can i get to the clips without taking the adapter out?

no, you need to reomve the head unit, then remove the cage, then the adapter. the adapter must be fitted securely before you re-fit the cage. pad out both the top and bottom clips with insulating tape, using more on the bottom clips. you've used enough tape when its difficult to force the adapter into position, then when it finally does pop into posiiton its there to stay. then you can refit the cage and head unit.

halfords? know what their doing?

my mate used to work there when he was 17 and he recieved no training and couldnt even drive at the time so new practically NOTHING about fitting audio equipment in cars. LOL

Theyve got a better idea of how to do it than i have. and i don't think they would have assigned ur mate to fit audio equipment if he didnt know how to do it. did he work on tills by any chance?

Back