General Active Sport Steering gone really light.. power steering problem?

Currently reading:
General Active Sport Steering gone really light.. power steering problem?

andyleem

Hi,
I would like a little help and advice on this problem i have noticed yesterday.
I appears that something is different with the power steering, it is much lighter than normal and the city mode is not on.
It is almost as light as city mode, but doesnt have the same feeling etc.
I have tried turning city mode on and off to try and fix it but it still is doing it.

Punto is a 2003 active sport 37000 miles.

Any help appreciated.
thanks

37k have you just had a 36k service by any chance may have blown your tyres up a bit

other reasons may have faulty torque position sensors in the column

nether heard anything like it myself

does your city button make it lighter still or stay the same

Yep has 36k Service.
City mode makes the steering lights, like allows the wheel to turn all the ay round easier, how ever with city mode off it seems it only goes light once driving.

Hi,
I would like a little help and advice on this problem i have noticed yesterday.
I appears that something is different with the power steering, it is much lighter than normal and the city mode is not on.
It is almost as light as city mode, but doesnt have the same feeling etc.
I have tried turning city mode on and off to try and fix it but it still is doing it.

Punto is a 2003 active sport 37000 miles.

Any help appreciated.
thanks
HI Andy,

Just joined this site as I was looking for advice - have had exactly the same prob you describe. Just bought the car (second hand with only 10,500 miles on clock) 6 months ago and steering wasn't this light when I bought it. Wondering if you sorted your problem out and what it was in the end. Have now taken it to garage but no fault code is registering on diagnostic.

HI Andy,

Just joined this site as I was looking for advice - have had exactly the same prob you describe. Just bought the car (second hand with only 10,500 miles on clock) 6 months ago and steering wasn't this light when I bought it. Wondering if you sorted your problem out and what it was in the end. Have now taken it to garage but no fault code is registering on diagnostic.

1stly Welcome

2ndly - a 5 year old thread :cry::cry:

3rdly - Have you also checked tyre pressure also check if city is on or not

Having light steering is one of the keys features - but over light (like city mode) is weird to drive with

Also have you had you tyres changed recently?

Ziggy

Asuming the OP has a Punto Mk2 or 2a. Time is every bit as harmful as miles. In some cases (like brakes) time is more damaging.

Even with "0nly" 10,000 miles on the clock the car is going to be fairly old so will need a proper service. If you dont have recent receipts get cam belt done, ALL fluids changed and the brakes closely examined.

Back