Technical Active + Dead-Lock

Currently reading:
Technical Active + Dead-Lock

Racker_CRO

Hi guys,

I'm interested if someone has Stilo Active 1.4 16V with 5 doors? I wonder because my dead-lock doesn't work. So I took my 2 weeks old Stilo to service garage and they told me that my version of Stilo doesn't have dead-locks (n) . I thought that all Stilo cars have that feature :confused: ??!

I think that they just don't want to bother with it, cause they connected with examiner and told me that this feature is turned on, side lights do flash 3 times when double pressing lock key and red light on door flashes 3 times.

Can someone confirm that this version HAS dead-lock? I already wrote to Fiat and expecting answer soon.

Regards :slayer: .

Racker.

Argonought said:
So anyone in the car can get out after the indicators flash three times?

Yes they can. I left my window open and tried to open doors from inside...no prob. It seems that lock does not separate as it should and you can open doors from inside as you wish. I tried so many times and with different combinations that my battery on key worn out. :bang:

Yea I know! But all I hear is "clong" at first lock and silent one second time! Now I wonder if someone has the same car as I do (year 2006) so we can compare it.

got the same model got the same year but its a 3 door. and the dead lock is working perfectly unless u have a brand new stilo 56 plate then i dont have the same year. how could i have been of assistance 2 compare? :)

Well my service garage told me that ACTIVE version of Stilo DON'T HAVE dead-lock by default. And I think that they are pulling me off because they don't know how to fix it (oh yes car is under warranty). I just need confirmation that ALL Stilo cars have dead-locks so can go there and ....BIIIP.

Plate 56?? What's that? I have new Stilo Active year 2006.

activematt said:
In the UK our number plates are dated by 06 and 56 depending on when in 2006 the car was registered

Oh, thnx. I didn't know. Here in Croatia we don't have such thing.

Racker_CRO said:
....cause they connected with examiner and told me that this feature is turned on, side lights do flash 3 times when double pressing lock key.
I suppose it's just possible Fiat have dropped this feature on latest models but if that was the case then I'm sure the indicators wouldn't flash 3 times. Was it the same when you took delivery of the car? It's also best to check with another Stilo from your country rather than comparing with a UK model.

You still having to leave your dipped beam on when it's nice and sunny ;) Your traffic police wanted to take me down the station when I turned mine off in the sunshine and refused to pay the fine :mad:

Argonought said:
I suppose it's just possible Fiat have dropped this feature on latest models but if that was the case then I'm sure the indicators wouldn't flash 3 times. Was it the same when you took delivery of the car? It's also best to check with another Stilo from your country rather than comparing with a UK model.

Well I posted the same question on Croatian Fiat Forum (www.crofiat.com) and for now I'm waiting for someone to reply. All my friends have older and different types so I can't quite call my garage and ...biiip....them.:bang:

Argonought said:
You still having to leave your dipped beam on when it's nice and sunny ;) Your traffic police wanted to take me down the station when I turned mine off in the sunshine and refused to pay the fine :mad:

Yea...you have to leave your light on even on sunny day :yuck: . That's some stupid rule they enforced few years ago (their explanation is that all EU countries have that rule). So what happend when you refused to pay the fine :confused: ??

Racker_CRO said:
So what happend when you refused to pay the fine :confused: ??
....they let me off as long as I didn't drive any more and a friend took the wheel (swapped back once well out of sight).

Go the impression the 'fine' was intended for the Christmas fund or something :mad:

rroope said:
All Stilos have deadlocks . . . FACT.

Is it all doors that can be opened whilst deadlocked, or just one?

My Schumi doesn't has deadlocks, Fiat invoiced the car as 2007.

She doesn't has the passenger seat airbag sensor so its up to you to active the bag with the key.

Battery box is missing and has a small protection at the +(positive) terminal.
(We don´t have frezzing temps here.)

Also no alarm. :(

And no options.

Last edited:
Athos said:

She doesn't has the passenger seat airbag sensor so its up to you to active the bag with the key.

With all those bits missing - should at least be a bit quicker to 60mph ;)

Athos said:

And no options.

Thats really odd . . . I can't see them redesigning a whole new set of locks when they're binning the car anyway!

Passenger seat OCS went in late 02, the protection on the +ve was deleted as you rightly say. As for the battery box, has the whole thing gone? I know they changed it but I thought it went to a one-piece job??

Alarm isn't standard and has never been. Schumi's never had options allowed either (well in this country) as all came pre-spec'd.

rroope said:
Thats really odd . . . I can't see them redesigning a whole new set of locks when they're binning the car anyway!

Passenger seat OCS went in late 02, the protection on the +ve was deleted as you rightly say. As for the battery box, has the whole thing gone? I know they changed it but I thought it went to a one-piece job??

Alarm isn't standard and has never been. Schumi's never had options allowed either (well in this country) as all came pre-spec'd.

Only country where they offer Schumy options that I have seen is Spain, there you have a choice betwen several engines, but not the 2.4 Abarth!

Back