General accident and rear axle

Currently reading:
General accident and rear axle

felixjtd

Hi

second topic from me and bad news. Somebody drove in the right rear end of my multipla (52 reg) and then just drove off despite it being a brand new car - 60reg. I only have the first 4 characters of his number plate and I really doubt that the police will find this guy.
I just got called from the garage and the right rear wheel is out of track and to fix it they need to change the axle which seems to be bend (only slightly but still bend) and the right rear track arm which might be damaged as well. Shock absorber should be fine he said.
£1065 they want for parts+labour, does that sound about right for you? It's not a fiat dealer, just a small garage around the corner.
I am just gutted by this and I am stuck with the costs thanks to third party insurance only :cry:

All that money is for laubor i no its a long job to fix if ya found a replacement im sure a mobile mechanic would be cheaper as they have the same tools as a garage and even have there lock ups with hidro jacks to remove the rear of car where are you from as i from london and they charge around 10 pound a hour to work on your car if you supply the parts witch for a 52plate and ebay should not be to hard to come across i could have give ya one just scraped a 52 multi as only had for parts

Felix, how did you get the first 4 digits of the reg? If you know the make of the car and its colour, it shouldn't be difficult for the Police to track it.

bloke prob lost half his number plate when he hit his car

actually I could only remember the first 4 digits, I really though he is going to stop, I mean he had a brand new car and a broken rear suspension. But no, he was all gone in 5 seconds.
Anyway, I haven't heard a word from the police yet and my hopes are almost zero. The traffic police would just need to check the CCTV that was right there at a bus stop across the road, but I doubt anybody will bother.
I will call some fiat dealers and see what they would charge for the repairs, £1065 pounds seems massive even though it's a big job (and London).

Hi again i found a thread on hear for a d.a motors in wickford essex who specialize in fiat multipla from what i make out they collect and deliver ya car for you where in london are you

do ya want the number 01268 767 424 say ya found it on fiat forum for a discount as i got 5% off ;)

Back