Accelerator pedal

Currently reading:
Accelerator pedal

B

Bravo-Dan

you know when your just sat in your bravo waiting for someone? what do you do? play with you stereo? fiddle with things? I had my foot under the accelerator pedal and lifted it up, the pedal dropped to the floor, DONT DO IT!
I've done that twice now, once in my hlx and now in my hgt. The accelerator cable pops off the top end of the pedal and its a ball ache to get it back. so make sure you dont do it!!

Dan

ha ha thought i was the only person stupid enough to do that lol, its a bitch to get back on aswell, glad were both in the same boat lol

Lol, I did this at a set of traffic lights after about 3 days of owning my HLX. Threw a right wobbler I did!

Not as silly as you, just some advice for others ;)

Do not remove or adjust the metal screw/bolt under the accelerator pedal...it fecks up the potentiometer and is very costly.

Daz

Sorry, but I'm having trouble fathoming out why someone would want to put their foot under the go pedal and pull it up.

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists.
travelsmall.gif

I also did this in my 1.4S..

Vowed never to do it again in my next 3 Bravo's!

I didn't call the AA out however :)

i think the worst i`ve done, was my window switches died on teh m25, so i ripped `em out and cleaned em, u get funny looks in traffic jams, with wires everywhere

Pete

BravO 1.8 GT (Import)
T reg 1999
Abarth Kit, Leather, Power Flow Cat back,
JBL Sub, Crap amp!

Thanks for the advise guys. Just told the other half to never do it, she looked quiet confused. but that might just be her natrual expression.

Steve

Steve you shouldnt have told her, too much knowledge can be a bad thing :)

Whenever I tell my missus not to do something she gets curious has a look and then................well you can work it out. LOL

bravosig_small_copy1.jpg

MMMM... this post may have just answered my query. My bravo has a plastic accelerator pedal, obviously the previous owner broke the original.

It's ok when I drive, but my boyf has bigger feet and it always falls off. I was gunna tighten up the screw, but from the previous post I guess thats a no no. Can I just superglue it???

Nic