Technical AC and Ventilation Problem

Currently reading:
Technical AC and Ventilation Problem

pepshi

Ok guys, here's my problem. I have a 2007 GP Starjet, and about a week ago my AC and Ventilation both stopped working. I plan to visit a service anytime now, but the fact is that outside is hellishly hot and I still have work to do. So, not knowing if I'll be able to find enough time to get the car to the service, I was hoping you guys could help me out. The facts are as follows: Up until then, I had absolutely no issues whatsoever with my AC or ventilation system. The system is a climatronic unit (auto bi-zonal) and it worked fine until I wanted to turn off the recirculation. 15 minutes after doing that I realized the fan wasn't working anymore. Since then, I've checked the pressure in the instalation(ok), I've checked the control unit connectors(works fine), I've tried to do a reset of the control unit (didn't help), and even tried to figure out where that resistor is located (I haven't found it until now :confused: - so maybe you can help). Also, I've changed the fuses related to the AC or fan control and still no go. The fan isn't working - be it with the compressor on or off. What I did find out though, as you can see in the pictures, was that one of the connectors has somehow managed to melt - but the fact is I don't know whether this is the cause or an effect for my problems. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• 19062011525.jpg
    19062011525.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 57
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 40
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 48
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 51
So everything is working except the fan? Check all of the wiring to the fan, if there was enough current to melt the connecter then it might have melted other wires too.

I think I read a similar post on this forum somewhere; melted fan wiring seems quite common. I think it might have said something like there are two wires to carry the current but Fiat only connected one and hence it melts, I can't remember exactly.

Do a search of this forum and you should find it.

Ok. Solved. I went with my car to the service station of a local dealer and, besides the routine check-up and replacements -oil, filters, brake-pads etc., I also solved the AC and ventilation problem. It was indeed that wire causing all the problems and they solved it in 5 minutes without any extra cost. Some advice though...make sure you check your wiring from time to time, because in my case there was absolutely no smell or smoke..And you all know faulty wiring can lead to all sorts of unwanted problems.

Thank you. And drive ....politely ;)

Back