Technical abs warning light on 1.2 petrol

Currently reading:
Technical abs warning light on 1.2 petrol

Ricardo Silva

Hello people, my little panda is almost 2500km (aprox 1800miles) and this afternoon after turning on the engine the abs light stayed on...i turned the car off and on again and the problem was solved!i always wait till the lights turn off before rotate the key...this happened once in my punto and never had problems, should i worry about this? Next month ut's going to fiat for the first year revision (but i have the car only since june even if i bought it with 0 miles on the clock)

I always wait till the dash lights turn off before rotate the key...

I had this with my old stilo 1.6 ..that car had a check system on the computer so it was good practice to do it so you didnt get any false warnings coming up..I do this as well on the panda despite it not having a check system ..for some reason the car starts first time if I follow that procedure ..while I have found quite often it doesnt start first time if I dont ..I might be wrong but I guess its the ecu still checking the systems and thats why it fails to start while the dash lights are still illuminated..has anyone else found this on the panda..?

Maybe its a fiat quirk ..I dont know ..never had this with any other car that we have owned..

And you will have a code logged on ecu now..:bang:

It's last appearance was several months ago, and before it's last service at my local Fiat dealership. It's been there twice since that service :D :D

They've said nought and it's not re-appeared (touches wood so to not tempt fate)

Squirrile is now over 4 years old, the warranty is now consigned to the history books.

Trev

I had this with my old stilo 1.6 ..that car had a check system on the computer so it was good practice to do it so you didnt get any false warnings coming up..I do this as well on the panda despite it not having a check system ..for some reason the car starts first time if I follow that procedure ..while I have found quite often it doesnt start first time if I dont ..I might be wrong but I guess its the ecu still checking the systems and thats why it fails to start while the dash lights are still illuminated..has anyone else found this on the panda..?

Maybe its a fiat quirk ..I dont know ..never had this with any other car that we have owned..

Well touch wood I've never had this with Stilo or Panda.

It's last appearance was several months ago, and before it's last service at my local Fiat dealership. It's been there twice since that service :D :D

They've said nought and it's not re-appeared (touches wood so to not tempt fate)

Squirrile is now over 4 years old, the warranty is now consigned to the history books.

Trev

Should I bring code reader down with me next week :confused: :)

Well touch wood I've never had this with Stilo or Panda.

Should I bring code reader down with me next week :confused: :)

You can do Jon, just raided the handbook and it says

❒ If the warning light Yturns on, this
means that the system is running a selftest
(for example for a voltage drop).
At the first stop, turn the ignition key
to STOP and then back to MAR: if no
failure is detected, warning light Y
will not come on.

Attachments

• padlock.jpg
    padlock.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 157
Hey T14 are we talking U1602 code here..? cos when I had the padlock/key light come up on mine it logged that code on the ecu..I then deleted it with my gendan scaner all £39 of it..:p it was a P code which I think means pending..? anyway it came up again about a month later and this time the P wasnt there but I deleted that again and it hasnt been back since..:slayer:best £39 I have spent cos its saved me two trips to my dealer to get it deleted..:devil: ;) :D

more than likely to be U1602 there Phil but not one I was thinking off. I get padlock key on my punto often, just switch off & restart...never fails or failed in 8 years. (I reckon its cause of large bunch of keys I have on keyring)

• Thanks
Reactions: PNL
more than likely to be U1602 there Phil but not one I was thinking off. I get padlock key on my punto often, just switch off & restart...never fails or failed in 8 years. (I reckon its cause of large bunch of keys I have on keyring)

Thanks mate not to worried now anyway we have got a new panda from Wednesday anyway Woo hooooo :slayer:..the light did go out when I switched off and then back on the first time but it nagged me a bit wondering if a code had been logged so I bought the code reader :eek: and it had..but now gone..:p..I do realise as well fiat do have specific codes that we dont have privy to..fancy sending me a PM do you with that list..:devil: Promise I will be discreet and cut you in with all monies I make from other posters..:idea:

Back