Technical ABS warning light comes on after a while

Currently reading:
Technical ABS warning light comes on after a while

Viper Panda

Hi all,

iv had a look at several threads regarding the ABS light coming on but cant get a definitive answer.

I have a 2005 1.3 multijet panda, and after a few minutes driving the ABS light comes on.

I changed the discs and pads last night and the ABS sensors seemed to be in correctly and looked in good order.
I still need to change the rear shoes, im currently waiting for them to be delivered, as they are very low and one side is grinding, along with the handbrake not working at all.

The ABS light comes on each journey after a few minutes of driving.
I always let the car have a few seconds after turning on the ignition before starting it.

could someone give me an idea of what it could be please?

i do have a code reader but when i checked it didn't seem to log anything about ABS or braking.

The peddle is quite soft so the system probably needs bleeding but was going to wait for the rear shoes to be replaced.

you assistance in this matter is appreciated

Hi,
the light is a fault SOMEWHERE in the system..,

could be a poor electrical connection - as well as a unit failure,

the only REAL route is plugging in diagnostics - one that can specify FIAT codes would give a more accurate result

of course getting the basic system in good order is a great 1st step..,

Charlie - Oxford

Thanks Charlie,

I shall check all the connections for corrosion as i read in another thread that was the case in someones issues.

could air in the system cause the light to come on or the rear brakes? im guessing the ABS only operates the front brakes?

finally got this fixed after having the fault read it said rear left abs fault.

i purchased a new sensor and then when i came to fit it i found the abs pick up ring on the hub was damaged.

so ordered a pair of hub assemblies off a 2008 panda and replaced the whole unit last night.

now all sorted, and i still have a new abs sensor that i no longer need.

Back