Technical abs light on scudo sxjtd 2006

Currently reading:
Technical abs light on scudo sxjtd 2006

Quadman200

Hello i am new member just bought a 2006 sxjtd 2.0 scudo van, bought it private now got it home and the abs light is on recommended to change the drivers front sensor through manual ohm check, done this but still have the light on.
have any of you got any suggestions, took it to local garage but apparently they tried 2 different diagnostic tools but couldn't get them to read? i am really struggling as i have phoned 2 fiat garages today one said the abs will reset after a sensor change and the other one said the fault would have to be cleared on the machine?:confused:

Hi, When using a diagnostic tool/computer on the scudo I allways find it works best by telling it that its reading a "PEUGEOT EXPERT" . Try this it will probably work and tell you where the fault is.

Hi, When using a diagnostic tool/computer on the scudo I allways find it works best by telling it that its reading a "PEUGEOT EXPERT" . Try this it will probably work and tell you where the fault is.

I told that to a chap at a garage who was testing my van. He couldn't find the right thing to test on the test menu (airbag reset)! He gave me a withering "humour the idiot" glance, and tried "Peugeot Expert". It worked. That widened his eyes a bit!

Thanks for your help that's a good idea when I got the sensor from euro-parts the gent in there said we don't do one for the scudo but I am sure I can cross reference to Peugeot when I checked sensor before changing it was the same.

I still need some help i have had the scudo put onto diagnostics machine again tonight the machine will read engine management side but has no communication to the ABS any ideas out there? this chap tonight said it might be water in the connector as the abs pump is down on the passenger side wheel well?

ok next steps with the scudo doing some checks online it would seem the main problem for no communication to the abs is the abs controller faulty anyone had this problem before? Taken off the car ready to send for refurbishment.

never heard of this one before. please keep us updated, or if anyone else can advise it may help save this member a lot of £££ as this sounds expensive.

The saga continues stripped abs acu off the pump sent it to BBA-REMAN after emailing them several times, they assured me that they would be able to check and rework the faults, got phone call 2 days later sorry our test engineers cant communicate with the abs ecu, to which i replied that's what i sent it to you for! so now posting back. i have to find someone else to test it? i don't want to spend the money until i am sure it will solve the problem. Is there any BOSCH 5.4 experts out there?

Back