Technical ABS Light on but brakes are fine

Currently reading:
Technical ABS Light on but brakes are fine

Makarintosh

Hi guys!

A few months ago, I had the Panda off its wheels and the engine wasn't turned on for a few weeks. So result was that the battery was dead. Booted up the car with my dads car using leads and the car came back to life no problem. But, since then, I have had an ABS warning light on on the dash. However, the brakes are working fine.

I have an OBDII scanner and after checking for faults, it showed no issues. Car is fine. Does anybody know why the light would be showing!

Also, just to give some extra details. I had replaced the front wheel hub bearings when the car was standing on jacks when the battery died. Not sure if that would be an issue but thought I would mention that too.

Any ideas?
Also, does anybody know how to sync the cars CAN bus? Is it possible to do at home?

Please and thank you

The brakes will continue to work find the abs won't function though so if you lock the wheels they will stay locked and you won't be able to steer.

There are a number of reasons the light could be on, broken or faulty wheel sensor is the usual culprit but this won't show on a normal hand held obdII scanner you need something which is more in depth to read the abs system, 'MultiECUScan' will do the job but you'll need to pay for the full version of the software plus have the appropriate cables and adapters, however it's not far off the cost of a garage doing one diagnostic check on the car so will easily pay for its self if you use it more than once

Thanks for the info guys! I will be sure to check it out tomorrow. May also get that MultiECUScan tool, I think it is very handy to have these diagnostic tools handy.

Back