General ABS/Handbrake warning light ducato 2.8jtd 2005 based motorhome

Currently reading:
General ABS/Handbrake warning light ducato 2.8jtd 2005 based motorhome

motorhome ron

I recently returned from a holiday in my ducato based motorhome, and on the last leg of the trip both the ABS and handbrake warning light's came on while driving (not pressing the brake pedal at the time) i immediately checked the brakes were still working my gently pressing the foot brake and they seemed to work fine, being causious i decided to pull into the next service station to check the fluid levels etc, while on the slip road to the service station and slowing down, the ASR (anti-slip regulation system) warning light came on briefly and then all warning lights extinguished. i checked the fluid levels and all seemed ok, so proceeded home carefully and the lights did not re-appear. i have looked through this site at other similar problems but they seem to affect only cars, not the ducato, has anyone experienced a similar occourance and could maybe offer some advice as the handbook tells to take it to a main dealer, which could end up being a costly affair for something trivial. cheers Ronny

I recently returned from a holiday in my ducato based motorhome, and on the last leg of the trip both the ABS and handbrake warning light's came on while driving (not pressing the brake pedal at the time) i immediately checked the brakes were still working my gently pressing the foot brake and they seemed to work fine, being causious i decided to pull into the next service station to check the fluid levels etc, while on the slip road to the service station and slowing down, the ASR (anti-slip regulation system) warning light came on briefly and then all warning lights extinguished. i checked the fluid levels and all seemed ok, so proceeded home carefully and the lights did not re-appear. i have looked through this site at other similar problems but they seem to affect only cars, not the ducato, has anyone experienced a similar occourance and could maybe offer some advice as the handbook tells to take it to a main dealer, which could end up being a costly affair for something trivial. cheers Ronny
make sure your step is not wired in to it some motorhome builders do this hymer for sure

Back