Technical Abarths steering knock noise at linkage?

Currently reading:
Technical Abarths steering knock noise at linkage?

Athos

Do all the Stilo 2.4 Lts make a knocking noise at steering linkage?
Mine is doing that noise down the linkage beyond the U-joint where it leaves cockpit, odd thing is that we revised a one brand new Schumacher at show room and has the same knocking noise!
Is that normal, is it inherent to the steering design?
Or could it be a bad batch of steering racks?
:confused:

There was a recall on the abarth with the early racks so I would get it checked out (y)

There was a recall on the abarth with the early racks so I would get it checked out (y)

Yes I know about the recall thats why it worries me, but after a close inspection at dealer's garage and after a consult to Fiat they say nothing is wrong :confused:
We checked other two Schumachers today (50 & 570 Kms on them) and both have the same noise, I don´t think any car should have a clicking noise at the steering linkage or at rack, so now I´m a little confused about it. :rolleyes:
So I would like to know if any one with a late series ('06) Abarth have the same noise.

Last edited:
Mine has done this since new, 2006 GP now with 17k.

Infact it's starting to dirve me up the wall, when ever i pull on and off my drive it clunks. Can't be normal but dealer has looked at it with no resolution.

Any advice would be appreicated,

My 1,6 Activa has it too, friend´s 1,6 Linea Sport has it too and friend´s Abarth has it too.

Who does not it have????

Back