General Abarth SS 1.4?

Currently reading:
General Abarth SS 1.4?

PEZZ175

I've just found out from an Italian car nut that the new Alfa Junior is going to get the Fiat group developed 1.8 JTB engine (230bhp) in it's top end version (Some of you may know already). Why is this not going in the Abarth SS I ask? From what I hear it will get a 1.4 (180bhp) which sounds strange as the Junior is based on the Grande Punto.

Also the much anticipated 1.9 MJet Twin turbo (190 bhp) will only be used in the new Lancia Delta (Based on the Bravo) and new range Alfas 149 etc

Feels like Fiat are being left out of the power stakes to me:(

I understand that Fiat are a budget car company, but come one, at least launch something along the S2000 lines with 220/230bhp. Would be nice to have something in the range which would walk all over the clio.

I agree that the look on the clio owners faces would be absolutly priceless when they see a fiat burning them off.

I understand that Fiat are a budget car company, but come one, at least launch something along the S2000 lines with 220/230bhp. Would be nice to have something in the range which would walk all over the clio.

This is exactly what I was thinking ;) the Abarth may well fall short of the competition which will be a shame.

I agree that the 190 diesel will target the premium buyer, obvious really:)

I wouldn't be surprised if a Bravo Abarth with a 1,8 TJET (with 180hp and perhaps up to 230hp with an SS-kit) showed up a year or two in the future.
Now that the GP Abarth and soon the 500 Abarth is here, the next logical step will be the Bravo. And since Fiat seems serious about the Abarth brand, they need to make more Abarth models.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Bravo Abarth with a 1,8 TJET (with 180hp and perhaps up to 230hp with an SS-kit) showed up a year or two in the future.
Now that the GP Abarth and soon the 500 Abarth is here, the next logical step will be the Bravo. And since Fiat seems serious about the Abarth brand, they need to make more Abarth models.

aren't you forgetting something they ain't here yet in the UK frickin apparition thats what they are.bloody year on from the geneva 07 preview and it still aint here.bloody amateurs.how long will it take the 500 abarth to get.the grande punto 08 facelifted model will be here before the abarth?then what they going to do bring out the dated abarth.DIGRACEFULL MANAGEMENT(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

aren't you forgetting something they ain't here yet in the UK frickin apparition thats what they are.bloody year on from the geneva 07 preview and it still aint here.bloody amateurs.how long will it take the 500 abarth to get.the grande punto 08 facelifted model will be here before the abarth?then what they going to do bring out the dated abarth.DIGRACEFULL MANAGEMENT(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Don't worry it'll be in the UK soon...and it looks brill:)

BTW the Grande Punto facelift is scheduled for 2009;)

the grande punto 08 facelifted model will be here before the abarth?then what they going to do bring out the dated abarth.DIGRACEFULL MANAGEMENT(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

I doubt there will be a facelift this year, as i have said in another thread somewhere, if it was due this year then there would be a few prototype pictures flying around on the net.

Last edited:

At least you'll be getting it in thee UK.
As it looks right now, we won't even get an Abarth dealer in Denmark, due to our high car tax. :(

While every one already seams confused as to why the ss kit is "only" going to have 180BHP it seams odd to offer the 500 arbarth ss with 180BHP as well. supposedly with the SS kit both these cars will have the same power output but i am betting the 500 is a whole lot lighter. why is the GP not getting 200 :confused:
sorry if that does not make much sense lol i am just musing outloud

Back