Styling Abarth skirts transplant...

Currently reading:
Styling Abarth skirts transplant...

ronnieronson

Bring On The Trumpets!
...this topic has more likely as not been covered before - but I have yet to turn up anything in my searches of the forum - so here goes.

Donor car - Sei Abarth, massive frontal trauma, side skirts still intact - most other parts missing.

My Car - Standard Cinq.

Sei skirts > Cinq

doable? easy?

it's hard to tell but they look to be more or less the same size etc - but dumbass here forgot to take a tape measure to the scrapyard :p

According to a thread i found ;)

They will fit, however you may need to trim around the door. Heres the thread, mases post second down ;) :p

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinq-sei-styling/36825-cinq-side-skirts-sei.html

If the interior seats are there or intatct get them cos they are better than the cinq seats

Nice one - sounds like its a go then ;-)
Just hope they're still on the car on Wednesday :p

Someone's already had the seats out of the back, and the drivers side is in a really bad way - a lot of the glass has been smashed in / removed, and it looks like the car has been stood for a while - which is odd 'cos I visit the scrap yards almost religiously every week or two and I've never noticed it before...
...but anyway, rain / animals / general misuse, have caused the front seats to be less than worthless - otherwise I would have had them in a heartbeat!

Picking up a Cinq sporting interior at the weekend though, so things are looking on the up for Bertie now :)
Just gotta get the new suspension on, and sort out the interior - and then its time to prep him for a drive up to scotland for a lil break with the missus in a few weeks time :yum:

yeah length wise its probably not too bad more just the curves.have you considered or are you planning to smooth them in?

Erm - not really thought about it much - probably would try to smooth them in a little bit or square them off with a bit of fibreglass and filler...

just remembered theres a set of cinq abarth skirts in the classifieds. so much easier than getting sei skirts and mucking around with them.

not to my liking price wise ;-)

If in the West of Scotland and need anything, your local rep is here.

Cheers

D

Hehe thanks mate - we'll be staying In comrie, been going up there with my family for years, but it's time to make the yearly homage in my own car with my new family :D

Back