Technical Abarth Seats in a Panda?

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth Seats in a Panda?

are 500 seat a straight fit: no
can the be made to fit: yes
are they safe to fit: depends on your ability

only three of the four bolt holes line up,

both fabrication of adaptors and swapping of rails have successfully used to fit 500 seats in the past, Search 500 seat swap someone posted some photos on here a few years back

there's a lot of force on these bolts in an accident

are 500 seat a straight fit: no
can the be made to fit: yes
are they safe to fit: depends on your ability

only three of the four bolt holes line up,

both fabrication of adaptors and swapping of rails have successfully used to fit 500 seats in the past, Search 500 seat swap someone posted some photos on here a few years back

there's a lot of force on these bolts in an accident
Thanks, I'll search on here for details. I'm just looking for something more comfortable on a long drive 👍

Thanks, I'll search on here for details. I'm just looking for something more comfortable on a long drive 👍
I believe the 500 seats aren't much of an upgrade
I also believe the seats in the post 2012 Panda are better than the 500
This is only from what other people have said and haven't tried myself, anyhow comfort is subject and will be altered according to the persons size and weight

if you are going to the trouble of swapping the fronts to 500s you might as well change the rears to match (assuming yours aren't already) to the split folding at the same time, the 500 rears are a fit straight in but you will also need to source the missing brackets

you could try sitting in a few dealerships cars, to see how they feel

If its the front drivers seat base that's uncomfortable you may find the passengers side is less worn. They swap straight over.

Thanks Koalar, my seats are in reasonable nick, my car's a basic spec ('Dynamic' I think) and I find the lack of lumbar support and height adjustment uncomfortable on long trips (sciatica). I'm just looking for something more comfortable that's an easy swap. The Abarth seats I found on ebay are much more flashy than I'd like, but they're located in Rotherham, where I'm visiting my sister on Sunday.

My next question may be "can I fit a complete set of seats in the back?" LOL

All alternative suggestions greatly appreciated

I prefer the 100HP seats to the "standard" 169 Panda seats but comfort on long runs is much the same either way. Abarth seats are a sporty style so more likely to suit your needs. To avoid the car looking miss-matchedget the rears to go with the fronts. You will also get rear head restraints which are a serious omission on the more basic 169 Panda models.

Aha! Would I be better off looking for seats from a late-model Panda than adapting 500 seats? Are the former a straight replacement?
anyhow comfort is subject and will be altered according to the persons size and weight
Fat b@stard here LOL

Aha! Would I be better off looking for seats from a late-model Panda than adapting 500 seats? Are the former a straight replacement?

Fat b@stard here LOL
are the a straight fit: no they still need the rail swapping over or an adaptor plate making
are they more comfortable: I don't know, try some in a dealership, maybe ask in the post 2012 section someone is bound to have had both pandas

You do gain true height adjustment on some of the latter models

they are better built, extra brace across the back, probably a safety feature rather than comfort

I believe the 500 seats aren't much of an upgrade
This is only from what other people have said and haven't tried myself, anyhow comfort is subject and will be altered according to the persons size and weight
I have both a 500 Lounge and a Panda 169. There's no meaningful difference in comfort between the two, though the Panda's seats have the advantage of being much easier to keep clean!

I'd describe them as '2 hour seats'. Up to that point, they're at least adequate; on longer runs, my back starts to complain.

There are more comfortable small cars. Compared to my Mk1 Ka, the Panda feels like riding in Steptoe's cart. But in so many other ways, the 169 is a far, far better car.
My next question may be "can I fit a complete set of seats in the back?" LOL
If you take the rear seats out of the Panda (quick and easy to do), you'd be surprised at what will fit inside.

This should help -

And this -

This should help -

And this -
Thanks Dave, I have the front seats in and I'm very happy with them.

The rear seat however...
The Abarth rear is split, but came without the bracket/rail thingummy which supports the centre of the hinges. I can't even find this on various parts fiches. The rear base fits OK, but the seat backs don't align with the clips which clamp them upright - the U-shaped clips on the seat backs are about 1" lower than the slots/clamps on the wheel arches.

I guess it's likely that the missing thingummy (see last para) would solve this, but I have no idea where to find one (maybe if I knew the name of it, Google would help).

All guidance gratefully received. I'm considering scrapping the rear seat and putting a 'van-type' plywood deck in place of it, as I recall seeing somewhere on this forum. I can't remember ever having back-seat passengers since I bought the car 3 or 4 years ago...

The split-fold rear seat cannot be fitted without that centre bracket and pivot pin. You will have to chase the (many) breakers for parts from a 500.

Attachments

• Screenshot 01.jpg
    Screenshot 01.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 02.jpg
    Screenshot 02.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 78
The split-fold rear seat cannot be fitted without that centre bracket and pivot pin. You will have to chase the (many) breakers for parts from a 500.
Found one and ordered it. Thanks Dave

There's a chap who attempted something similar over on another forum (which should come with a colourful language warning): https://autoshite.com/topic/37660-panpan-mountain-goat/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-1922277

I don't know if they succeeded in getting the 500 rears to fit, but they also reference suggestions made on fakebook groups, might be worth a look
Damnit, wish I'd seen this before I ordered the bracket! Looks like the clamps still won't line up... :rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted 😎

Damnit, wish I'd seen this before I ordered the bracket! Looks like the clamps still won't line up... :rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted 😎
I wouldn't worry too much

standard 500 seats have been fitted to the standard panda many times. You just need to swap the seats and all brackets.

its best to swap as a complete set brackets with seats

all the floor pans are the same on the Pandas. Except for the 4x4 and SUV

To get my 595 rear seats to fit correctly I bought the centre bracket/bar from a Ka. All fixings bolted down fine. I also needed to use the 595 outer brackets
Thanks Wazzer, I have the centre bracket/bar from a 500 (not yet fitted) and the outer brackets came attached to the seat backs. I haven't had time for a close look yet, but it appears that the U-brackets on the seat backs are about 1" or so too low to fit in the clamps...
I'll fit the lower mounting bar sometime this week and let you know. 👍

Back