General abarth sat nav

Currently reading:
General abarth sat nav

glosabarth

Is it DX compatible?
I recently bought a 2003 abarth and am very happy with it.However the disc with it is a tele atlas 2003 cd which says for DX blaupunkt systems.This was in the fiat setup cd box,there was no box for it.Have i been scammed on it!?When i put it in it says exploring mp3 then disc error.The disc is a tad scratched,but would it have worked anyway?Other than that cd's,mp3 cds etc work fine.On searching through the net it seems that navteq is the preferred disc to get for connect nav and that dx is with other fiats?Anyone shed any light please..?!Thankyou!

glosabarth said:
Is it DX compatible?
I recently bought a 2003 abarth and am very happy with it.However the disc with it is a tele atlas 2003 cd which says for DX blaupunkt systems.This was in the fiat setup cd box,there was no box for it.Have i been scammed on it!?When i put it in it says exploring mp3 then disc error.The disc is a tad scratched,but would it have worked anyway?Other than that cd's,mp3 cds etc work fine.On searching through the net it seems that navteq is the preferred disc to get for connect nav and that dx is with other fiats?Anyone shed any light please..?!Thankyou!

If you speak to someone nicely on here they might send you the correct disc!:) (y)

I have tried a brand new map from Tele Atlas (for Greece) and doesn't work. Unfortunately, only Navteq can provide you (us) with a map...

im running the 2003 cd is there any chance of that up to date software for me please. oh and nikos any news yet

stripey stilo said:
oh and nikos any news yet

News about connecting the DVD to NAV+? Not yet. Just last night I left the car to my technician. Today he is going to start stripping it... I believe that by the end of the week it will be ready...

OK Guys, I'm upping 2005/6 UK to my FTP right now. Give me a while and I'll post the addy.

BTW I'll only keep it live for 48 hours so be quick !

*edit*

Sorry guys but my upload keeps timing out. I'll try again in the morning.

Last edited:
you sent me that also stu but i couldt open it so it would be much appreciated from me pongo

stripey stilo said:
you sent me that also stu but i couldt open it so it would be much appreciated from me pongo
Lol, and you will have the same problem because Pongo's site is on FTP too :p

Any chance you can use a mate's PC or something?

OK Stripy (and anyone else that's having problems)

My FTP will not be up until tommorow (Stu I'll chat about mirroring soon Mate)

So assuming you can't FTP there are 2 alternatives. The first is that I'll send you an HTTP:// link when I've uploaded, that may work.

OR you can go to http://www.bittorrent.com/ and download bittornado, then go here http://www.mininova.org/tor/246524
and download the UK2005_6.torrent file and run it with bittornado. It gives you a direct link to my hard disk ;o)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far 15 people have downloaded the file. So I'll leave it running overnight, then I'll kill it. I just hope that all who downloaded it will leave it running for 24 hours AFTER the download finishes. It keeps the share alive for a while !

Stu, what did you edit in my post mate ?

Pongo said:
Stu, what did you edit in my post mate ?
A PM would have been better! ;)

The mininova link didn't work, due to an extra character at the end, it was a % or something - so I removed it to make it work! Nothing sinister :p

Stuart DemonD said:
The mininova link didn't work, due to an extra character at the end, it was a % or something - so I removed it to make it work! Nothing sinister :p

OOPS ! My bad !!

I've killed my seed now, so I hope you all have it!

If not, let me know, OK ?

AND I trust that Stripy sorted it in the end.

Back